Chapter 5

Hope you enjoy it! 

Hugs and kisses! 

Ricky's POV

She's still shivering in my lap and I continue stroking her hair, because I know it calms her down. Her breathing sounds somewhat normal, her head lays on my heart and her eyes are closed.

We stay in complete silence for some minutes until I break it.

"Maybe that horror movie wasn't such a good idea", I say quietly. I can feel her tense up and slowly sitting up so she can look at my face. At first she looks kinda confused, but that looks disappears quickly. She looks back down and I hear a little chuckle coming from her mouth.

"I'm sorry I made you watch that, I didn't know you would react like that", I continue.

"It's not your fault, I was the one who decided to continue watching.", she says quietly.

I look at the clock and see it's 3am.

"Maybe we better get back to bed and try to get some sleep", I say. I can feel her tense up again.

"You go ahead, I'd rather say here a little more.", she says.

"You okay?", I ask.

"Yeah, don't worry. I just don't feel like going to bed right now.", she replies.

"Well, if you're not sleeping, then neither am I. Let's do something.", I say, trying to cheer her up a little. She slowly gets off my lap and places herself next to me, still sitting on the ground, against the wall.

I get up and take a blanket from the bed and place it over the both of us. She places her head on my shoulder.

"You're too good for me", she sighs.

"You deserve the world, princess", I reply quietly. I had the urge to talk about what's been going on the last few months, but this clearly wasn't the time and place for that, so I remained silent.

Nini's POV

I forgot about the nightmares. Those stupid nightmares were going to destroy everything I've worked so hard for. Ricky's going to know everything, he's going to be so mad at me, disappointed.

When Ricky made that comment about the horror movie, I couldn't help feeling so guilty. He thought this whole situation was his fault, when in reality, all of this is my fault. Because I'm so stubborn to ask for help.

The best thing I could do that moment was go with that explanation, so I chuckled a bit.

The fact that he was blaming himself and was letting sleep for me was getting in my head and for some strange reason I couldn't deal with it. So I slowly removed myself from his lap and sat myself on the floor.

Ricky then took a blanket from the bed, because he knows I get cold very easily. If only he knew all the things I've been hiding for him.

I slowly lean my head on his shoulder and sigh.

"You're too good for me", I whisper. Because it's true.

"You deserve the world, princess" was his answer. But it's wrong, I don't. I don't deserve any of this. I don't deserve him.

I bite the inside of my cheek to prevent tears to form in my eyes.

After some time I hear Ricky's breathing and I know he's asleep. Me on the other hand can't, I don't want to, I'm too scared. So I stay awake.

Before I know it, it's 8am and I feel Ricky shift. I quickly close my eyes and pretend I'm asleep, so I don't worry him.

I think he didn't notice it, because he gently picks me up bridal style, very carefully so he doesn't 'wake' me and lays me down on my bed. I can feel him pull the covers over me, so I'm warm. Then I hear him leave the room, probably going to the kitchen or the bathroom.

I slowly open my eyes and take a deep breath. Here goes another day, I guess. I sit up and feel a slight pain in my lower back. I guess that's what you get when you sleep on the ground. Well not exactly sleep, but you get it.

I open the door from my bedroom and hear some noise downstairs. I guess that's where Ricky went to. I make my way downstairs and see that Ricky is busy making something in the kitchen.

He turns around when he hears me entering the kitchen. He is wearing a huge smile on his face.

"Did I wake you up?", he asks. I shook my head. It's the truth, he didn't.

"Did you have a good nightrest?", he asks. "Can't complain", I say. Also the truth. I can't complain about something I didn't have.

Ricky puts a plate with eggs in front of me, which I gladly accept. Ricky's eggs are amazing and basically the only thing that boy can make. I start eating and see that Ricky's staring at me.

"What?", I say with my mouth full of eggs. I laugh.

"Are you up for a day out with me?", he says.

"What a stupid question, I'm always up for that.", I say smiling.

"Lucky me", he chuckles.

We eat the rest of our breakfast in silence. Here goes another day of hiding.