Chapter 57

Ricky's POV

I walked home with Nini and dropped her off at her house, continuing my walk to mine, when I got a text from Nini.

'Come back'

That was the only thing the text said. Of course, that worried me, so I turned around and ran back to her house. When I arrived there, I saw her sitting in the front porch, staring at the ceiling.

"Nini, are you okay?" I say, trying to catch her attention. She looks at me, with a little smile.

"Yes, I just missed you already and figured we could do something.", she says.

"You got me worried there, Neens.", I confess. She stands up and walks over to me and gives me a little kiss on my cheek.

"Sorry.", she says. "You know what I want to do, bake cookies. Will you bake them with me?", she asks, looking up at me with her little pout and her adorable puppy eyes.

"Of course.", I say, as we walk inside together.

We ended up baking cookies, making a huge mess in the kitchen, because Nini thought it was funny to pour some flour in my curls.

We ended up eating them in her backyard, laying on the grass, Nini curled up in my side.

"It's getting pretty dark, we should probably head inside", I say softly, turning my head to look into her eyes.

"Naaah, I like it here." She says. She smiles back and I even see a little blush on her cheeks.

"Are you cold?", I ask.

"No, you're a pretty good heater", she says sheepishly.

"Well, I'll take that as a compliment", I laugh slightly. I move us so I'm on my back, looking up to the ceiling, Nini lays her head on my chest, also looking up, but not letting go of my hand.

"It's beautiful", she whispers.

I look at her and whisper "Yes, it is". Cheesy, I know, but I can't help myself. Nini makes me so soft, it's unbelievable.

We stay that way until Nini suddenly jumps up. "Did you see that?", she exclaims cheerful.

"No, what?", I ask.

"That was a shooting star, I'm sure of it", she says with the same enthusiasm.

"Well, you know what to do then. Make a wish.", I say to her.

She sits up and looks at me. "Okay", she says. She closes her eyes and stays like that for a second, before opening them again and she smiles big at me. "Now you."

"Me?", I ask confused.

"Yes you, make a wish, dummy.", she says

"But I didn't see the star?", I say.

"Doesn't matter, I did and I'm sharing it with you.", she says smiling. "So, make a wish"

I pretend to think of a wish, but say "I don't need a wish, I have everything I want in life right here, right now"

Cheesy Ricky, strike two. I know, I know. But it's just that everytime I'm cheesy, Nini's cheeks redden and she looks extremely adorable.

"You're such a dork sometimes", she chuckles, while giving me a little shove.

"Well, would you do the honor of letting me be your dork?" I ask.

I didn't plan on asking this tonight and absolutely not like this, but I can't wait any longer.

"Richard Bowen, are you asking me to be your girlfriend?", she says, pretending to be shocked. I laugh nervously.

"I guess I am", I say.

"Well, just so you know. You've been my dork since kindergarten, but I have nothing opposed making that official.", she smiles.

"Well, then I guess it's official.", I say. Nini gives me a short, but passionate kiss before laying down again. She cuddles into me and I start stroking her hair again. I can't believe that just happened.

Nini's POV

I can't believe that just happened.

I'm genuinely happy and I love it. 

THE END

I really hope you liked it! 

Hugs and kisses