Chapter 23

Hello everybody! 

This is the last chapter for 2020. I just want to thank all off you for being so supportive and kind in 2020. I haven't been writing for so long, but I immediately fell in love with it, thanks to all your sweet words. So from the bottom of my heart, thank you! You made me find something I'm passionate about again and I can't tell you how much that means to me! 

You guys deserve all good 2021 can bring you! I hope you have an amazing end of 2020 and a fantastic start of 2021! Stay safe, stay sane and stay amazing! 

I will see you guys again in 2021! 

Love you all! 

Hugs and kisses! 

Ricky's POV

"I'm ready", I hear someone say. When I turn around, I see Nini coming down the stairs. She's wearing a ripped jeans with a grey turtleneck. She put her hair in messy but beautiful bun. In other words, she looks beautiful.

"Okay, then we can head out", I say while putting on my jacket and taking my backpack. "It was great to see you, momma C"

"Likewise, Ricky. You're welcome here anytime.", she answers. I give her a quick hug.

Man, I love momma C and momma D. Ever since my mom left, they have been the best ever. They have been helping my dad and I with adjusting to this whole situation. They sometimes brought some homemade meals over, because they know my dad is the worst cook ever. He tries, but his meals are nothing compared to momma D's cooking skills.

Their home is like a second home to me. I love it here.

Nini's hand on my shoulder breaks my thoughts. "Ready to go?", she asks. I nod smiling. Nini gives momma C a quick hug and we head out together.

The walk to school starts silent, I'm not really sure if it's comfortable or not. My brain is working 200 miles per hour, debating if I should speak up or not. I know I have to, I know we desperately need to talk this all out, so we could become Ricky and Nini again, instead of this confusing situation that's going on right now.

I need to speak up, this needs to be cleared up. I can't stand another second in this uncomfortability.

"Neens" "Ricky", we say at the same time. We chuckle a little. Turns out we had the same idea at the same time.

"You can go first", she says quietly.

I take a deep breath before beginning.

"Neens, I'm so confused right now. I know I love you and if I can believe you, you love me too, but I know you said you might need some time. And I respect that. I told you, I would wait a hundred lifetimes for you, but I have to know. What is the next step? What is going on right now? I just need to know what is going on in that pretty little head of yours.", I tell her.

"I'm guessing I'm probably as confused as you are.", she admits. I look at her, telling her to continue and explain. "I don't know what's going on in my head, it's constantly changing sides. One time, I'm completely convinced that all I need is you and that I'm ready for us to be together, but 10 seconds after that, I'm starting to doubt myself again and think that we're better off as friends, just for until I'm completely fixed."

"Neens, you make it sound like you're broken", I say

"Because I am, Ricky", she says, slightly raising her voice out of frustration. "I am", now quiet.

"No, you're not", I try to convince her. "You don't need to be fixed, you just need to see reality again."

"I-",she starts, but she doesn't seem to know what to say now.

"Neens, you're telling me your head is having trouble figuring this whole situation out, but what is your heart telling you?", I say.

"It's telling me I love you", she mumbles. That one little sentence makes my heart flutter, puts a huge smile on my face.

"Isn't that enough? You should listen to your heart", I say.

"But my head?", she asks softly.

"You told me before that you aren't in a really good place right now, that your head tends to take you to this dark place. To me, it sounds like you aren't really able to trust your head at the moment. But that's okay, because your heart is perfectly capable of guiding you through life.", I try to explain her.

"But-", she begins again, but I interrupt her again

"No buts, Neens. I love you. So even if you can't really rely on your head right now, I trust you to follow your heart. And I'm not gonna lie, I'm ecstatic it's leading you to me.", I tell her.

"I'm happy it does too", she admits, while softly biting her lip. I know her well enough to know that's one of her nervous habits. 

"And we're going to take it slow, okay? Anything to keep you as comfortable as possible." I reassure her. She nods with a shy smile. 

"So Nina Salazar-Roberts, will you do me the honor and go on a date with me this Friday?", I ask, taking her hand in mine.

"Yes"