Chapter 3

Chapter 3 is up, hope you enjoy it! 

Hugs and kisses! 

Nini's POV

After this endless week of school, it's finally Friday evening. For Ricky and I, that means movie night and sleepover. This has been a tradition since elementary school, we maybe missed one or two since.

But today is the first sleepover since the kiss. What if everything is different? A sleepover is the perfect time to talk about such things, what if he brings it up? I'm really not ready for that, I'm not ready to lose him.

I feel my breath starting to quicken, my chest constricting and tears are starting to form in my eyes. Another panic attacks seems to build up. This is litterally the worst timing ever.

Come on, Nini. Keep yourself together. Ricky can be here every minute, he can't see you like that. In, out, in, out.

I try so hard to get it under control but I don't succeed.

Because I handle my panic attacks by myself the last few days, they only seem to worsen. It's getting harder and harder to control them.

"Nini?", I hear someone call from downstairs. I recognize the voice immediately, Ricky's here. I forgot he had a key to my house, just like I have one to his house.

I hear footsteps on the stairs, meaning he's coming upstairs. I can't let him see me like this, so I hide in my bathroom and lock the door.

I hear him enter my bedroom. "Nini, are you here?", he says.

I manage to say "I'm in the bathroom, give me a minute". I hear him reply with a faint okay.

I look at myself in the mirror. I stare into two big, red, puffy eyes, while I see my chest rise at a fast pace.

I have to distract myself. I start searching the cabinets for something sharp. I find a razor, that will work. I slowly cut one straight line on my thigh and let the pain calm me down. I continue taking deep breaths while focusing on the stinging pain in my thigh.

Only when I'm completely sure I'm calmed down I get out of the bathroom. I see Ricky laying on my bed, scrolling through his phone. When he hears the bathroom door closing, he looks over his shoulder with his stupid, but cute smile.

"There you are, I was getting worried I would have to spend our sleepover alone.", he says smirking.

I go lay down next to him and give him a slight smile. This was going to be a long night.

Ricky's POV

You can't imagine how happy I am this week's over. It was dreadful. Finally it's Friday and that means sleepover with Nini!

I've been looking forward this the entire week. I know Nini and I are together 24/7 but still I missed her. It's weird, right?

We walked home separately today, because I still had to pick up some things from home.

Around 6 o'clock I head to Nini's. I open the door with the spare key I got from her parents.

Don't tell her, but they gave it to me so I'm able to check on her every now and then. They are afraid something like a few weeks ago will happen again. This way I have free access to her house. My dad also gave a key to our house to Nini, so she's able to enter my house whenever she wants.

I enter her house and call out for her. No response. I slowly make my way upstairs, because Nini's probably in her room, getting everything ready for our sleepover. I knock softly on her door, but still no response.

"Nini, are you here?", I ask, while opening her bedroom door. I don't see anyone in her room, but I do hear some noise in her bathroom.

"I'm in the bathroom, give me a minute.", I hear her say from the bathroom. I reply with an okay. I lay down on her bed, waiting for her to come out. I take out my phone and start scrolling. After a few minutes, I hear the door from the bathroom open, taking my attention away from my phone. I look over my shoulder and see Nini coming out.

She looks kinda pale and I see that her eyes are a little red, it looks like she's been crying. I don't know if I should ask about it, but I decide not to. At least not yet. "There you are, I was getting worried I would have to spend our sleepover alone", I say instead.

She lays down beside me on the bed and gives me a little smile.

"So what are the plans?", I ask her.

"Like always, we search for some lame movie, say we are going to watch it, but end up cuddling and fall asleep instead", she says, like it was obvious what was going to happen. I chuckle.

She's right, 90% of our sleepovers do go like that. We always end up falling asleep or talking instead of watching the movie. And to be honest, I'm not opposed that idea, especially the cuddling.

"Okay, let's begin then", I say.

"Oh, we have to get the snacks from downstairs", she says excited. She takes my hand and drags me downstairs to the kitchen.

I don't think there is anything that could destroy this evening.