Chapter 40

Here is another update! Hope you all like it! 

Hugs and kisses! 

Nini's POV

Just like my moms told me to, I stayed home on Friday. It's terrible. It's like having a sick day, without even being sick. I woke up around 7am, just like every other day, but today there was no rush of getting ready and making my way to the end of the street to walk to school with Ricky. It was calm, I tried to fall asleep again, but failed, so eventually, I got out of my bed and headed downstairs.

Momma D works early shifts, so she already left and when I got downstairs, Momma C was about to leave.

"I love you, honey. Momma D will be at home to drive you to your appointment with the therapist. If you need anything, call me." She said before leaving.

I yelled back a quick 'I love you too', but I don't think she heard it.

So I've been sitting home alone the whole day.

I literally tried everything to make the time go by faster. I first tried reading, but I got bored pretty fast, mostly because I already read every book in the house. I wasn't really in the mood to watch series, I already had too much sleep, so taking a nap was also out of question. I cleaned my room, I wrote a couple of songs, I baked cookies, but there still is so much time left. It's only noon.

I hate this.

I look at the clock and it's lunchtime at school so I decide to send Ricky a quick text.

'Hope you're having a better day than I am. I'm bored to death.'

Not much later, I receive a text from Ricky.

'Hate it that I'm here and you're at home. Otherwise we could be bored together. But I'll make sure to entertain you later!'

Hahaha that's cute, I think. Later? Does he mean at our date or after school?

'Are you going to stop by after school?'

'Only if you want me to', was the answer.

'Okay, then it's settled. I expect you here after school x'

I put my phone down as soon as I send the last message and head to the kitchen. Time to make myself some food. Not that I'm really hungry, but I know that's because of the stress. I know I have to eat. I look into the cabinets and fridge to see what I can make. I choose to keep it simple and just make myself a sandwich.

The rest of the day was just me trying to keep myself distracted from the fact that I have my first appointment with a therapist and my first date later that day.

To say I'm stressed, is an understatement. I'm terrified. Which is why I'm so glad when I hear the front door open.

"Nini?" I hear the all too familiar voice call out. I immediately run downstairs and jump on him, wrapping my legs around his waist and my arms around his neck.

"You can't believe how happy I am you're finally here", I say excitedly. He chuckles lightly.

"I can imagine", he laughs. I give him a quick kiss on his cheek before he puts me down again.

"Today was terrible, I was dying here.", I reply.

"Okay, you dramaqueen", he chuckles again. I pretend to be offended and shove him softly. "When is your appointment?"

"In an hour", I say.

"Are you scared?" he asks.

"Terrified", I admit.

"Why?", he asks.

"Because I'm counting on it to help. I don't want to be disappointed when it turns out it doesn't.", I say.

"Just stay positive and give it a shot. And don't expect it to help right away, you have to give it some time too", he says.

"I know", I say. I wrap my arms again around him and rest my head on his chest, close enough to his heart so I can hear his heartbeat. It's so calming.

Ricky stays until momma D comes home. "I'll pick you up around 7, okay? Good luck at the therapist, call me if you need anything!" I nod and give him a quick hug before he leaves again.

"You ready, honey?", momma D asks. I take a deep breath and take my coat.

Here we go, I guess.