Chapter 35

Here is a new chapter. I really hope you like it! 

Don't forget to vote and comment! Love you all! 

Hugs and kisses! 

Nini's POV

Of course, I spoke too soon. The first thing I saw in that classroom most definitely ruined my whole day.

Well, it's not exactly a what, it's more a who.

The second I see that person, a wave of flashbacks comes back to me. I start to panic, searching for something to hold, but without looking away. I find Kourtney's hand and hold it tight.

"Neeners", I hear her softly say from behind me, but it's like I can't stop staring at that one thing before me. I can't look away, because when I look away, who knows what's going to happen.

"I-", I start, but I can't say anything else, my breath starting to quicken, which makes it clear that I have to get out of there as soon as possible.

I slowly take a step backwards, my eyes not leaving that person, who still hasn't acknowledged my presence. I keep taking steps backwards, until I walk into something. I quickly turn around and see that what it was, or who it was. I walked into Mr. Mazzara.

"So where do we think we're going, Miss Salazar-Roberts?", he asks me, quite loudly. So loudly that the whole class falls silent to hear what is happening.

"I- um, to my seat, Mr. Mazzara", I answer quietly.

"That's what I thought", he says. I slowly make my way to my seat in the back and once I sit down, I close my eyes, starting my breathing exercises, to get my breath back under control.

"We are not here to sleep, Miss Salazar-Roberts. If you're not going to pay attention, I suggest you leave this instant." Mr. Mazzara says. I get startled when I hear him call my name and open my eyes to see the whole class staring at me, including that one person. I see the smirk on its face.

"I'm sorry, Mr. Mazzara" , I mumble.

He gets back to his lesson and I try to pay attention, but most of the class, I just pretend to pay attention. I can feel myself shaking and my breathing still isn't what it's supposed to be like.

The only thing I can do, is stare at the back of that one person's head.

Before I know it, I hear the bell and everyone starts leaving the class. I quickly take all my stuff and leave with the rest of them.

"Nini, you okay?", Kourtney asks me, while she walks me to my next class. We don't have the same second period, but my class is on the way to her class, so we walk together anyway.

"I-, It was supposed to be a good day. It was- I-" I say, trying to keep myself together.

"Is there anything I can do?", she asks.

"I'm- I'm just gonna- No, thank you. No offense, but I think I just need Ricky right now", I mumble.

"Call me if there's anything I can do, okay?", she says. I nod slightly and look up to see we arrived at my classroom. Kourtney pulls me in for a quick hug and leaves.

I'm left alone, scared to death. Luckily, it doesn't take long before Ricky enters the classroom. The second he walks in, I run up to him and wrap my arms around him, holding him tight.

"Nice to see you too, Nini", he chuckles. I don't say anything and don't let him go.

I guess he can feel me shaking as he asks "Nini, you okay? What happened?"

I still remain silent, still not letting go.

"Nini?", he tries again.

When I still don't answer his question, he cups my face and makes me look into his eyes. Mine are filled with tears, so I see him a little blurry, but I can see the worry in his eyes.

"She's back", is the only thing I manage to get out.