Chapter 10

Hey everyone, 

I hope you still enjoy this story! Don't forget to vote and comment, I love to read your comments and thoughts on this story! 

Hugs and kisses! 

Nini's POV

I ended up staying over. We didn't talk much more, but I know he's onto me. He knows I'm hiding what I really feel so I guess he's going to keep a close eye on me now. And I don't know if I really mind.

It's been almost a month since we kissed, we've never brought it up since, so it seems like we're meant to be best friends.

Even though I sometimes wish we were more, I'm 'happy' as long as I have Ricky in my life. Well, happy is maybe a little exaggerated, but he literally keeps me alive.

I wake up in his arms, my head on his chest, the only sound I hear is his calm heartbeat. I know, the second I move, he will wake up, so I stay as still as possible and enjoy the moment a little more.

Unfortunately he wakes up not long after I did. The moment I feel him shift, I lift up my head and give him a little smile.

"Hey there", he says with his morning voice. I probably said this before, but the rasp in his morning voice is so cute. I would even dare to call it hot, but you didn't hear that from me.

"Goodmorning", I say while sitting up and I yawn.

"You still tired?", he asks. I can hear the worry in his voice.

"I'm fine", I reply

"Neens...", he says.

"Ricky, really. This was one of the best night rests I've had in a while.", I reassure him. It's true, it's been a while since I've slept throughout the whole night, not waking up, due to some stupid nightmare.

"I'm going to choose to believe you, don't make me regret it." He says, while taking his clothes and disappearing in the bathroom, leaving me alone in his bedroom.

This sleepover wasn't planned so I didn't bring any clothes. I open Ricky's closet and look if I have some clothes of mine left on my shelf.

Yes, I have a shelf in Ricky's closet and he has one in mine. It makes it easier in situations like this one.

The only thing there is a skirt and a T-shirt. There's no way I'm wearing that. I close the closet again and decide I'm going to wear the same clothes I was wearing yesterday. When I'm done changing, Ricky comes out of the bathroom, wearing another sweatshirt. He looks confused.

"Neens, I'm sure I still have some of your clothes, no need to wear that.", he says, walking to his closet, taking out the skirt and T-shirt I found earlier. "Here you go", throwing the outfit at me.

"No, it's fine. I'll just wear this." I say.

"There's a stain on your pants, why don't you just change?", he insists.

He's right, there is a stain on my pants. But I really don't want to wear the skirt.

"Ricky, it's fine. Besides, it's way too cold to wear this.", I say, trying to get out of this, but it seems like it's not working.

"Just take one of my sweatshirts, it's no big deal. It's not like you haven't done that before. I know you have a collection of my sweatshirts at home", he says jokingly. I chuckle, 'cause it's true. I have a ton of his sweatshirts at home. They're just so comfy.

Well, it looks like there is no way out. I hesitantly take the outfit and go to the bathroom to change.

"Don't take to long, we have to leave in 10 minutes", I hear Ricky yell, when I'm in the bathroom. I yell "okay" back and start changing.

Luckily for me, the skirt isn't that short, so it hides everything it has to, but I still don't feel entirely comfortable. I look at myself in the mirror and take a deep breath before going downstairs.

Once downstairs, I see Ricky waiting for me, smiling widely.

"Looking gorgeous as always", he says. I blush a little but look down to hide it. He hands me my bag and we head out.

The walk to school was long, silent, but rather comfortable, despite the fact that I'm freaking out about the skirt I'm wearing.

We walk together to my locker and get my stuff. Like always we wait there for our other friends.

Ricky is telling me some story about some kid that got yelled at by Mr. Mazzara, but I'm not really paying attention. I'm staring at something, or should I say someone. The second that person looks back and smirks, I start to panic.

I grab Ricky's hand and drag him outside.

"Nini?", he asks questioningly, but I don't stop until we're outside. "Nini, what's wrong?"

"I want to go home, now", I say sternly, but a voice crack made it obvious that I'm about to break.