Chapter 45

Hello everyone, here is another chapter!

Hope you like it! Please vote and comment, that means the world to me! 

Hugs and kisses! 

Ricky's POV

Just as I promised, I returned to Nini's that afternoon. She was somewhat grumpy, because I woke her up. I knew she needed that rest, I could just see it in the little things she does. Like how she sometimes kept her eyes closed longer than a normal blink, or how she zoned out more than usual, or how she tried to hide when she would yawn. How much she tried to hide it, I noticed it.

It's not like we did something special that afternoon, we went for a little walk around the neighbourhood, we got some ice cream on the way and headed back home to play some board games. Nini's pretty competitive, so it's always fun.

We didn't see each other on Sunday, because Nini had to catch up a little for school. We did text and Facetime.

Today, Nini goes back to school for the first time since Gina is there. I have no idea how she feels, she avoided the subject this entire weekend. I'm pretty sure she's terrified and I don't blame her. She really didn't need this on top of all the things she has to deal with already.

While getting ready for school, I hear my phone ring. I ignore it at first because I don't have time for distraction, I have to be at Nini's in 5 minutes, so I have to run. A few seconds later, the phone starts ringing again. I'm just putting on my shoes and I decide to ignore it again. I really can't lose anymore time.

Then my phone starts ringing again. The one trying to reach me really doesn't give up.

I pick up my phone without looking who it was.

"I'm scared", I hear the other person say, the second I pick up, I don't even have the time to say anything.

"Nini?", I ask. What a stupid question, of course it's Nini. I recognise her angelic, yet panicked voice everywhere.

So that means Nini was the one trying to reach me. I feel bad for ignoring the phone now, because even if she only said two words, I can hear she's upset. And I ignored her.

"I probably shouldn't go to school, that's like asking for disaster to happen. Maybe my moms were right and I should consider homeschooling-", she starts to ramble.

"Okay Neens, breath. I'll be there in 5 minutes. Calm down, please." I say to her in a calm tone.

"Okay", she quietly says. I hear her take a deep breath.

"I'll stay on the phone, keep taking deep breaths." I say. I quickly take my backpack and head outside, locking the door on my way out. I literally run to Nini's house, with my phone against my ear. The only sound I get from the other side, is Nini softly whispering to herself, trying to calm herself down, while taking deep breaths.

I'm at Nini's door in no time, but all out of breath. That was far more exhausting than I expected. I open the door to see Nini pacing back and forth in her living room, keeping the phone to her ear.

"Neens?", I quietly ask.

"I'm okay, no worries." She answers. "Just got stuck in my head again."

"I'm glad you called. I'm sorry I didn't pick up the first time." I apologize.

"Jill said I have to learn how to ask for help.", she softly says, getting closer to me with a little, cute smile on her face.

"She's right and I'm glad you listened. I'm proud of you." I say. Her smiles gets bigger when I say that.

She gives me a little quick kiss before heading upstairs, probably getting her stuff for school.

When she has everything she needs, I ask her "You ready to go?"

"Do I have another choice?" she softly chuckles.

"Nope", I say, popping the p. "You can't let her dictate your life, Neens and besides, I will be by your side this entire day!"

"Oh God, can I please stay home?" she jokes. I pretend to be offended, but break out in laughter not long after. "Let's go", she says, before giving me another peck.

Nini's POV

Arriving at school, I see a little pink note attached to my locker. Here we go again, I think.

Making sure Ricky doesn't kill Gina, I make sure he doesn't see it. I lead him to the other direction, making up some silly lie that I have to drop something off at the student office due to my absence last Friday.

Ricky and I don't have first period together, so we have to part ways. Before I go to my class, I pick up the little note.

'Guess who's back... I'm going to make you pay for what you did'

Great...