Chapter 16

Here you have chapter 16! Let me know how you like it so far, I'm excited to read the comments! 

Hugs and kisses!

Ricky's POV

She keeps staring at me, unable to say anything. She slowly gets out of Red's grip and slowly stands up, like she's going to break at any point. She still looks scared and I can see her eyes wandering from one bruise to another. If I didn't know any better, I would say she was checking me out.

She takes a step forward, getting closer to me, but still too far for my liking. So I get closer to her, until we are face to face. She looks at me in shock, gasping every time she discovers a new bruise or cut.

"No", she whimpers quietly.

"It's okay, Neens", I whisper back, trying to calm her down.

I see her lift her hand up to my face, but she stops midway, scared to touch me, scared to hurt me. I give her a reassuring nod, letting her know she can touch my face.

Slowly, her hand makes it way to my face, as she gently caresses my cheek. Her thumb softly rubs my cheek and by the feeling of that there's probably a bruise forming there. She looks into my eyes, while hers are still full with tears.

"Ricky, we really need to get you cleaned up", I hear Ashlyn say behind us. I almost forgot we are not the only ones here. I nod against Nini's hand and she slowly lets her hand down. I already miss the feeling of her warm hand against my cheek.

"Can I do it?", Nini asks Ashlyn quietly.

"Neens, I don't think that's a good idea", I say. I don't want to upset her even more.

"Please, Ricky", she begs. She looks at me with those gorgeous brown eyes, she knows I can't say no to those.

"Fine", I give in. Ashlyn hands her a first aid kit and some other things she can use and we head to the bathroom. Because Nini refuses to go into the men's bathroom, we went in the girl's bathroom. Let's just hope nobody comes in, because that would be awkward.

I sit myself on the counter and Nini stands in between my legs. She takes a cloth and wets it. She gently dabs it on my bruised lip. Not gonna lie, it hurts tremendously, but I don't show it, because that would make Nini feel guilty.

She's looking so focused, her tongue sticking out as she cleans up my face.

She remains silent the whole time and I don't blame her. I don't know what to say either. But other than our normal silences, this one isn't comfortable, because there is so much that has to be said. It's like we are both scared to start that conversation.

I decide to be bold and speak up.

"Nini, I know what you think, but that jerk got what he deserves.", I say. She looks up and stares into my eyes, but still doesn't say a word. "Nini, come on"

"I- I", she starts, but she quietens as soon as she spoke.

"Neens, if there is something you want to say, just say it. I promise I'm a big boy, I can take it." I joke.

"I-", she takes a deep breath before continuing. "Violence isn't going to fix anything", she says.

"And now say what's really on your mind." I say, sensing she is hiding something for me again.

"You shouldn't have done that, Ricky. Look at you, you're obviously going to get in trouble and for what? Because of me. Again", she sighs.

"Neens, I don't care, I honestly don't give a sh*t about all the trouble I'm going to be in. Remember when I told you about my Nini-protection mode?", I ask her, she nods. "This was only a little preview, they ain't seen nothing yet."

"Ricky, please. You can't do this, you can't let yourself get hurt because of me." She begs.

"Nini, this is my decision and I decide that when someone wants to get to you, they would have to get through me first. There is nothing you can do or say to change my mind", I say determined.

She sighs and focuses back to my wounds. She avoids my eyes and I've had it. I gently lift her face, forcing her to look me in the eyes. We have this little stare-off and I take another bold move and slowly get closer to her and slightly lean in, not being able to take my eyes from her soft, pink lips.