Chapter 36

Hey everyone! Here is chapter 36 of my book! Hope you like it and hope you all have a great day! 

Hugs and kisses! 

Ricky's POV

She's back? Who's back? What does she mean?

"Neens, look at me. You're safe, you're okay, focus on your breathing on a second", I say, trying to get her calm, but clearly failing as the tears start spilling down her cheeks.

"I-, she uh- and I- I can't", she tries to tell me in between her shallow breaths. I can hear her breathing quicken and she looks at me with panic in her eyes.

I don't get what could have made her so upset, she was so happy this morning. She had a happy day, the first one in such a long time. Can this girl never catch a break?

"Nini, look at me. You can, just follow my breathing, focus on me and block the rest, okay?", I say calmly, because the second I start to show her I'm nervous, she'll only get more worked up.

I gently take her hand, put it on my chest and start exaggerating my own breathing, so it's easier for her to follow. I can feel her little hand shaking in mine.

"She's here and I- I," she starts again. I take my other hand and use it to pull her closer so that she's leaning with her head against my chest. I gently give her a little kiss on her head, hoping she's going to get through this panic attack soon.

"Sssshhtt", I whisper in her ear, still trying to calm her down. After a while the only sound I hear are Nini's little sniffles against my chest, while she's still continuing taking deep breaths. A little after that I feel her slowly pulling away a little. She looks up to me with red, puffy eyes, still filled with tears and the panic in her eyes is also still there.

"I don't-, she-", she tries again. I wipe the tears from her cheeks with my thumb and give a little kiss on her forehead.

"You're safe, Nini. Don't worry", I say.

I pull her a little closer again and gently stroke her hair, whispering soothing sounds in her ear.

"Everyone, sit down and take your books on page 79."

Nini pulls away when she hears the teacher entering and turns back to her backpack to get her stuff out. She sits down and quickly wipes away the remaining tears.

I look at her. I'm concerned. Concerned something is really bothering her and she's keeping it all in again, just because she feels like she has to.

During that class, I occasionally look over to Nini and I can see that her mind is everywhere except this class. She's doodling some things in her little booklet, she's writing some stuff down, she's doing everything she's not supposed to do. But I don't blame her.

She's upset, I can see it. And I know that doodling helps her calm down, so I don't know why I would keep her from doing it. I will just give her my notes later, so she doesn't entirely miss this class.

Nini's POV

The second I heard the teacher come in, I started pretending like the whole breakdown never happened. I grabbed my stuff and started to pay attention.

Well, that was my intention, but it never happened. My mind was literally everywhere except this class. So I started doodling a little, because it takes my mind of off everything. Everything except one thing.

How is she back? Why is she back?

I mean, I knew she would come back eventually and I know she has been suspended for a while, but still. I just didn't see it coming.

I've had a lot on my mind the past few weeks, but the fact that Gina was going to come back, didn't cross my mind. Not even once. It's like I blocked it all out, but she still found her way back in.

Why do I let her keep ruining my days?

This was supposed to be my day, but she just took away. Again.