Chapter 19

Here is chapter 19! Hope you enjoy it! 

Hugs and kisses!

Nini's POV

I caress his face and kiss him again, even more passionate this time.

When we pull away, I manage to say the words I wanted to say for a really long time.

"I love you too, Ricky", I mumble against his lips. "I really do"

He places his hands on my waist, turns us around and lifts me up so I'm on the counter this time and he's in between my legs.

"I've waited so long to hear you say that again", he chuckles lightly.

"I was so scared that once I admitted it to myself, I would ruin it. I was scared I was the one who misread the signals, who was imagining things. It was just easier to ignore everything that was happening.

Ricky, I want to be with you, so badly, but you're right. I'm not exactly in a very good place right now and I can't just drag you into my mess. I don't even know how to love you, I can't even love myself."

"Nini, we can figure it out, we can take it as slow as you need us to go. But why won't you just give us a chance?", he says.

"Because if I give it a chance and I ruin it, I have nothing to live for anymore", I exclaim.

"Neens, we are Ricky and Nini, we get through everything. You'll never ever lose me, I can promise that.", he reassures me. "I really love you. That is all that matters right now"

"I really love you too", I mumble. My eyes are starting to water again. I wrap my arms around his neck and pull him in a tight hug. I snuggle my head in the crook in his neck and he wraps his arms around my waist, slowly rubbing my back.

At that point I realize how tired I am. I feel my eyes droop when I'm wrapped in Ricky's warmth. I want to stay like this for a while, but sadly, Ricky didn't have the same idea.

He takes his phone and looks at the time. Turns out we missed a class again.

"I think it's better that we just go home.", he says. I nod slightly. We already missed so much class today, I will have a lot of work catching up.

After letting the women at the student secretary know we're going home, we walk home together. Ricky told that women I'm not feeling well and that my moms aren't going to get home until late tonight, so that it's better he goes with me to take care of me.

We go to Ricky's house, because that's the shortest walk. Once there we head to his room almost immediately. But I make a little stop to take some ice for his bruises. It's maybe a little late to ice it, but it can't hurt to ice it nonetheless.

"Why don't we watch a movie and then we can make our homework together?", Ricky suggests. 

"I like that idea, but I'll probably fall asleep if we do that", I admit.

"You're tired? We can also take a nap and then make our homework if that sounds better to you?" he says.

"Well, that idea sounds like music to my ears", I say. We chuckle.

Ricky scoots closer to me, laying down on the bed. I lay my head on his chest and wrap my arm around his waist. He wraps his around my small body and pulls me closer. Our normal cuddling position and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Thinking about today makes me exhausted, it doesn't take long for me to fall asleep.

Ricky's POV

Nini must have been exhausted, because she's asleep within a minute. It was an eventful day.

I reminisce all that happened today, how Nini and I confessed our feelings for each other again and yet again I don't know how to move further with that information. Nini didn't seem certain about a real relationship with me, mostly because she's scared. Maybe I just have to prove to her that I'm all in.

Yes, that's what I'm going to do.

With that thought, I close my eyes and fall in a peaceful slumber.