Chapter 7

Hope you enjoy chapter 7 of 'Right here, right now'

Hugs and kisses!

Nini's POV

I would lie if I said I didn't feel uneasy the whole day. The thing I thought I saw this morning has been haunting me ever since.

I'm sure my friends have noticed too, I've been extra jumpy the whole day and everywhere I went, I was always check the room, as I'm constantly searching for something that isn't there.

But I know it's there, I'm not crazy. I know what I saw. And I can say I didn't like what I saw.

You can't imagine how happy I was when I heard the bell from last period ring, meaning the day was over.

I quickly packed my things and ran out of the classroom and out of school, not looking back. Once out I felt it again. I kept breathing deep but it was like no air is coming in. I'm starting to shiver and feel weak. I decided it's better if I sat down. I started rocking myself, an attempt to calm myself down. I counted down from 100, but nothing seemed to work.

I've been sitting here for what seems hours, but in real life it's only been minutes. I just can't get my breathing under control.

I jump up when I felt a hand on my shoulder, seeing Ricky looking at me with a little smile, but still a worried look in his eyes.

I break down immediately, tears flowing down my cheeks.

"I- I'm so s- sorry", I stutter, while looking down again, still struggling to breath properly.

"Nini", he says. I don't dare to look up. "Nini", he says again, but still I don't look up. I don't want him to be disappointed in me.

He gently lifts my face up with his finger and makes me look at him, through my tears. He wipes my cheeks with his thumbs and takes my hands in his.

"Okay, you have to listen to me, Neens. I want you to follow my breathing", he says, while starting to exaggerate his breathing, making it easier for me to follow. But still, it feels like it doesn't help.

"I- I can't", I stutter. It's true, I really can't. I'm so worked up, but at the same time I'm exhausted. I can feel my tiredness taking over when I'm having trouble keeping my eyes open.

"Hey, come on. Please. I need you to breath. Please, do it for me.", he begs desperately.

I continue trying to take deep breaths, wiggling my fingers to stop them from shaking.

"Count with me, Neens", I hear him try. I can hear the panic starting to take over in his voice. I'm worrying him so much.

"I- I'm so sorry", I stutter again, looking down again.

"Neens, stop. Don't waste your air on apologizing for something you don't even have to apologize for. I need you to count with me.", he says. "One"

"One"

"Two"

"T-Two"

"Three"

"Three, four, f-five, six, se-seven, eight, nine, ten", I continue. I wiggle my fingers again, as I'm shaking the panic attack away. I close my eyes and wipe the remaining tears away. I take another deep breath before I dare to look up to Ricky.

"You good now?", he asks me. Not trusting my voice, I nod slightly.

"I'm sorry", I say again.

"Neens, you have to stop apologizing. You are aloud to have a bad day, you are aloud to cry to your hearts content, you are aloud to be stressed, to be sad or scared. It's human. You never have to apologize for that. You got that?", he says.

I nod again.

But is this really what it is? A bad day? It's more like a bad month.