Chapter 30

Hey everyone, 

I hope you enjoy chapter 30 of my book! Don't forget to vote and comment, I'd love that! 

Because no one answered last time, I'm going to give it another shot. Is there someone who knows how the rankings in Wattpad work? They confuse me a little. 

I hope you all have a great day, staf safe, stay sane! 

Hugs and kisses! 

Nini's POV

I noticed that Ricky started acting kinda nervous ever since I mentioned that I wanted to talk to him. I know we could have discussed this at school, I shouldn't make such a big deal about it, but I want to have this conversation in a calm environment, where I feel at ease. I don't know what I'm going to feel when I'm talking about everything I've talked about with miss Jenn.

I'm glad it's all out of my system, it's like a weight off my shoulders, it feels amazing. It's also very nice to know that she has my back.

I feel kinda bad that I'm stressing out Ricky with this whole 'wanting to talk' thing. I mean it's not such a big deal. Well, it actually kinda is, but still it isn't something that he should worry about right now.

To reassure him that everything is fine, I give him a little extra attention throughout the day, making sure he doesn't worry to much. I give his hand little squeezes, I kiss his cheek when I know nobody is watching, I flash him reassuring smiles every now and then.

I really hope the day will end quickly, only for his sake. Because I'm kinda nervous about the talk I'm about to have with Ricky, I don't really know what he will think about it or me.

It's like God heard my prayer as the day flies by. Before I know it, I'm walking home with Ricky, holding hands of course. The closer we get to my house, the more nervous I get. The feeling of his hand in mine has a sort of calming effect but it's not enough to completely calm me down.

Arriving at my house, I open my door and head to the kitchen first.

"Is someone home?", I yell when I enter my house. I don't know if my moms are home already, so better to check it. I receive no response, so I guess we're alone.

"You want something?", I ask Ricky while I'm pouring a glass of water for myself.

"No thanks, I'm good", Ricky replies, while shooting one of his adorable smiles.

"Where do you wanna talk?", I ask him. I'm so nervous, I'm sure he noticed the vague British accent in my voice.

"Wherever you're the most comfortable, Neens." He says. "You do know you're just talking to me, right? No need to be nervous." Why does he have to be so cute? I shoot him a smile as response.

"Then I guess we are going to talk in my room", I say, while starting to go upstairs. "You coming?"

He follows me upstairs and sits himself down on my bed, like he always does. I stand up, looking down at my hands and start fiddling my fingers.

"Neens, I'm going to say it again, it's just me. Whatever you have to talk about can't be that bad, for you to be this nervous.", he says, trying to calm me down. I look up and see him motioning me to get me to sit on the bed next to me. I give in but keep looking down at my hands.

"I just don't want you to think any different of me", I admit softly.

"Unless you tell me you murdered someone or something, I'm not going to think any different of you." He jokes, putting his hand on my thigh. I tense and I guess he feels it as he quickly removes his hand and mutters a soft sorry.

"I went to Miss Jenn over lunch", I say.

"Why?" he asks.

"I was feeling a little anxious and I needed to talk to someone." I tell him.

"You know you could've come to me?", he says with a disappointed look. This conversation is not going the way I wanted it to. I haven't even started to talk and I already disappointed him.

"I know and that's what I'm doing right now. I just needed to vent first to someone who didn't know the story and who I knew wouldn't judge me.", I say.

"You think I would judge you?", he says with an even more disappointed look on his face.

"Ricky, please. I didn't mean it like that. Can I please just talk to you?", I say.

"So now you want to talk to me?" he says, sounding a little annoyed with me.

"Ricky, please don't be like that." I say.

"I may be overreacting, but I have had the worst day ever. I've been stressing this whole day, afraid something was wrong with you, but constantly brushing it off because I thought you would tell me if something was wrong. I guess I was wrong" , he says.

"Ricky, that's what I'm trying to do. Can you please let me explain?" I beg him.

"I'm not really in the mood right now, can it wait 'till tomorrow? I think I need to be alone for a little and maybe think a little.", he says.

"Ricky, please don't.", I keep begging.

Ricky stands up, gets his hands through his curls and walks towards the door.

"I'll text you, okay?" he says before, turning to walk away.

I didn't know what to do, he needed to stay. I don't know what I would do if he just leaves like that. I already feel my chest tighten. So I say the one thing that I have to get off my chest.