Chapter 25

May I present you, the first chapter of 2021! I hope 2021 is treating you right! Don't forget to vote and comment! 

I love you! 

Hugs and kisses! 

Nini's POV

Did Ricky just ask me on a date? The Ricky Bowen wants to go on a date with me, plain old Nina Salazar-Roberts? I can't believe it.

What I can believe even less, is that I said yes without thinking. Not that I regret it, not at all. I just really surprised myself when I heard that word come out of my mouth. I guess Ricky's speech rubbed off on me, it's time that I start to believe all he says, because I know he wouldn't do or say anything to hurt me, not intentionally anyways. I know he only wants the best for me, he only wants me to be happy.

What surprises me even more, is the next words that come out of my mouth. Those 4 little words didn't only surprise me, but clearly they also surprised Ricky as he looks at me with a shocked look on his face.

"Can I kiss you?", were the 4 words that made it all so much more real. Ricky slightly pulls me closer and doesn't hesitate to close the gap between us again. Our lips melt at each other's touch, shivers are making their way through my body. I love this feeling.

We slowly pull away at the same time, but I keep my eyes closed for a second, savouring the moment. When I open them again, I see Ricky smiling at me, I immediately smile back.

I take his hand and start walking again.

"Come on, we don't want to be late", I say. We walk together, holding hands, in a comfortable silence again. I could get used to this.

Are we dating now? I mean, I'm going on a date with Ricky, but does that mean we're dating? I guess so. We aren't really officially in a relationship, He hasn't asked me to be his girlfriend. Of course not, we haven't even had our first date yet. But if people ask, what would I have to tell them? I can't say nothing is going on, because then I would be lying. I can't lie. Maybe it's better I don't tell anybody about this yet. But I want to tell Kourtney so bad. After all, I'm going to need her help to get me ready for the date. Oh, where would he take me? Ricky never really had a girlfriend I think, not that he told me about and he always tells me everything. So I don't really know what kind a dates he normally prepares. What should I wear? Casual, more fancy? I'm going to have to ask him about that, but wouldn't I sound desperate if I do that? I don't want to seem –

My thoughts are interrupted by a little squeeze in my hand. I look at my hand and I see that it's still intertwined with Ricky's. I look up at him and smile.

"You okay? I lost you there for a second.", he says, trying to make it sound as a joke, but I can hear the worry in his voice.

"Yeah, just thinking. I'm sorry", I say truthfully.

"You sure?", he asks.

"Yeah, good thoughts, I'm all good", I smile genuinely.

"Okay then", he says. "I'll see you in second period"

He gives me a kiss on my cheek and leaves for the other side of the school. I'm happy he left, because otherwise he would see that my head is burning up right now, I'm sure I look like a tomato.

All this love, I'm going to have to get used to this. But I'm pretty sure it won't be long before I am.

I continue my walk to my locker to see Kourtney standing there.

"Ow sis, you are glowing. What happened?", she says as soon as she sees me.

Of course Kourtney notices my change in mood. Well, I guess I'll tell her, there is no way I'm going to be able to keep this for myself long.

"Ricky may or may not have asked me on a date this Friday", I say with a huge grin forming on my face.

"No, you're kidding? Bowen finally had to guts to do it? How did that happen?", she asks.

"We may or may not have kissed yesterday.", I admit.

"No way. Neens, you had your first real kiss, not counting that stage kiss", she exclaims happily.

"Well...", I start

"What?", she asks.

"This may not have been our first kiss?" I say, making it sound like a question.

"No way? When? Why didn't you tell me about this before?", she asks.

"After the show in the dressing room", I admit.

"Is that why you and Bowen were late to Ashlyn's party?", she smirks.

"Maybe..." I say quietly, slightly embarrassed.

Kourtney takes both of my hands in hers and squeezes them softly.

"Neens, I'm so happy for you, you deserve the world", she says. Tears start forming in my eyes, happy tears. I pull Kourtney in a tight hug.

"I love you, Kourt", I whisper in her neck.

"I love you too, Neens" she says.

We pull away and I start taking my books from my locker, because class can start any minute now.

"I hope you know I'm helping you get ready for this date", Kourtney says as we're walking to class together.

"I wouldn't have it any other way", I reply.

This feels good. It feels like everything is finally falling back into place.