Chapter 37

Chapter 37 everybody! 

Josh releases another song today and I'm beyond excited! It's crazy how they are all blessing us with so much new music! I love it! 

Hope you have an amazing day! 

Hugs and kisses! 

Ricky's POV

Nini and I haven't talked since second period. I don't even know you could call that a conversation. At lunch she pretended nothing happened, she acted like she was fine, but if she's so 'fine', why would she have that panic attack?

I know one of Nini's defense mechanisms is to block everything out, like it isn't of hasn't happening/happened, so maybe that's what she's trying to do? She knows she can't do that, look how where that lead her the last time. On the edge of a bridge, about to jump.

When I think about that day, I instantly feel all the emotions that I felt that day, flooding back. It was so scary. So I'm kinda relieved she decided to go see that therapist tomorrow, that's a step in the right direction.

So basically, the rest of the day was confusing, emotional and I've had a constant feeling something bad was about to happen. I can't describe how happy I was when I heard the bell ring, indicating this day was finally over.

Because Nini and I don't have last period together, I'm waiting for her at her locker. I watch all the other students leaving their classes, but one that caught my attention. I recognise the frizzy hair and the overconfident glare and I was kinda hoping I never would have to see that again, but I knew this day was coming. Just seeing her, makes me so angry, because just looking at her now, I can tell she didn't learn her lesson and she's just going to fall back into her old habits.

I just can't believe she's back

She's back? She's back!

That's what Nini meant this morning, which means she has been keeping it in the whole day.

I mean, I figured the thing would be pretty bad, because of her reaction, but this wasn't what I expected.

How can she pretend nothing is happening, when there obviously is something happening?

When I look back to where I last saw Gina, but she's not there anymore. I keep looking around to see if she's still around.But when I don't see her around anymore, I immediately start thinking the worst.

What if she's with Nini?

Where is Nini? She should have been here a long time again. I take my phone and start calling her. It goes straight to voicemail. That's not a good sign, right?

Okay Ricky, breath. That doesn't mean anything, her phone could be turned off, she tends to do that when she's at school, so it doesn't distract her in classes. I close my eyes for a second, taking a deep breath.

When I open them again, I see Nini standing in front of me, with a confused, yet worried look on her face.

"You okay?", she asks me, gently taking my hand in hers. I can feel she holds it a little tighter than usual, probably due to the stress she's under, even if she's hiding it. I softly pull her arms and wrap her in my arms.

As long as I have her in my arms, she's safe. So that's where I'm going to keep her.