Chapter 6

Hope you enjoy it! 

Hugs and kisses! 

Nini's POV

That day, Ricky and I went bowling. It was so much fun. I almost forgot all my problems that day. Ricky really brings out the best of me.

He has some effect on me, that I can't explain. Just his presence calms me down.

We're now 2 weeks further and still nothing happened between us. It's like we both refuse to talk about what happened that night.

I guess, if he didn't bring it up by now, he isn't going to bring it up anymore. I guess I did misread the signals.

But why would he say 'I love you' and steal my first kiss if it didn't mean anything? I just don't understand. That's so not Ricky. Is this all some sort of joke? Is he trying to play me?

Stop, I can't let this get to me anymore. I know where this is going.

This past two weeks, I had to deal with multiple panic attacks, several breakdowns, a countless amount of nightmares, I added more cuts on my thighs, but was still able to keep it all a secret. Not that that's something to be proud of, but it does make everything a little less complicated.

Hiding everything was the hardest when it is just Ricky and I, for some reason lying to him is tougher than I thought it would be. Ricky knows me better than anyone, he can read me like a book. One wrong move, look or saying could blow my entire cover and we can't have that. Not until I have my sh*t together.

But so far, so good. I'm still working on myself and I'm not burdening anyone with my problems.

Ricky's POV

Nini's acting strange. I mean, nothing compared to the situation a few weeks ago, but I can see something's up in some little things she does.

For example, the way she zones out multiple times a day and the way she always tries to cover it up.

Not to mention all the times she disappears to the bathroom or something. Sometimes when we're in the middle of a conversation. At first I thought it was girls stuff, a period or something. But as far as I know, a period doesn't last a month.

Or the way she dresses. Again, nothing compared to last time she started dressing differently, but it's been a while since I've seen her wearing a skirt or a dress or something.

Don't get me wrong, Nini looks beautiful in everything, but she's always been a girly girl. Wearing skirts and dresses, loving pink and stuff. Constantly wearing pants isn't something Nini would do. But I guess that's sorta normal, considering it's winter and we live in Utah. So maybe I'm overthinking it all a little too much, but wouldn't you? After everything that happened?

It's those little things I've noticed throughout this month. And it's those little things that make me worry about her. I'm so scared I'm going to lose her again.

And it's like she wants to hide all this for me, but it's like she forgets that I know her better than I know myself. That I know every little detail about her.

Like how she likes to eat cereal without milk, so it's stays crunchy, or how she is the only person I know who eats pineapple on pizza, or how she always double ties her shoelaces.

So how can she think that she can hide something for me?

Should I confront her about it?

Nini's POV

After spending the weekend at Ricky's, another school week starts again. Ricky and I walk together to school, talking about some lame project we have to do for History. Luckily we are partners for this project.

Once we arrive at school, we immediately go to my locker as always. My locker is the meeting point for me and my friends. Ricky and I are always the first ones there. After some time, Kourtney meets us there. And right before the bell is about to ring, Big Red joins us too.

When the bell rings and first period begins, the hallway fills itself with students, rushing to their classroom. Me and my friends do the same. Me, Ricky and Kourtney have first period together, so we walk together to our first class.

We are talking and laughing, until I thought I saw a familiar hairstyle, in between all those moving people. It couldn't be right? When I want to check if what I saw was true, it was gone.

Ricky notices I slowed down and looks worried at me.

"Everything okay?", he asks me. I turn my head to him and nod slightly.

"Yeah, thought I saw something.", I say quietly, still a little confused. "But it was nothing", I confirmed, trying to reassure him.

"Okay then, are you coming? We're going to be late and we both know Mr. Mazzara hates that.", he chuckles.

I follow him to class, but get lost in my thoughts again. It couldn't be, right? I really hoped my head tricked me on this one...