Chapter 13

Here is chapter 13, hope you like it! 

Hugs and kisses! 

Nini's POV

After letting go of Ricky's pinky, I look down again. I take a deep breath before looking up to Ricky again and I see him staring at me with a little smile. It's like his smile is contagious, because automatically, my little smile matches his.

The schoolbell breaks up our 'staring contest' and I remember what brought us in this position in the first place. I look down and see what I'm wearing and instantly feel uncomfortable again.

"I still want to go home, Ricky", I say quietly, scared that Ricky is going to be mad or disappointed in me.

"Okay, you can if you tell me why", he says calmly, taking my hand in his and drawing little circles on it with his thumb, knowing it calms me down.

"I'm not really comfortable in these clothes, they draw too much attention to me that I really don't want.", I say. That's technically the truth. My explanation is vague but it's the truth.

This outfit is giving me attention from people I really don't want looking at me, one person in particular. Wearing a skirt is also increasing the chance that another one of my problems is getting discovered today and although I promised I wouldn't shut him out, I don't think I'm ready to deal with such drama today.

"You know you could've told me you were uncomfortable this morning, now I feel guilty for making you wear these.", he says

"I didn't want to disappoint you, or make you even more suspicious I guess", I say, not looking away this time. I'm searching Ricky's eyes for any kind of emotion and the only thing I see is guilt. "Ricky, please. It's not your fault, you couldn't have known."

He nods slightly, I know he's still not entirely convinced, so I squeeze his hand to reassure him. "Well, I guess we could go home, considering first period has started already. But we do have to come back, we can't just keep skipping lessons."

"Deal", I say.

"Wait, what will we tell the teacher?", he asks me.

"Don't worry, I'll play the period card, that always works", I smirk.

We walk home together, luckily my moms are already out for work, so they will never know I wasn't in first period. I run upstairs, while Ricky stays in the kitchen, pouring himself a glass of water.

Once in my room, I sigh again. What did I do to deserve Ricky?

I get to my closet and take out pants to wear instead of this skirt. I decide to keep wearing the T-shirt and Ricky's hoodie. I love wearing Ricky's sweatshirts, they smell like him and that gives me comfort in some way. Now that I said that, I realize that sounds kinda creepy. Ah, so be it! 

I change quickly, knowing that Ricky is downstairs waiting for me. I run downstairs and see Ricky sitting in the kitchen, his back to me. I quietly approach him and wrap my arms around his neck. Immediately, a smile appears on his face.

"I'm ready now", I say before quickly kissing his cheek.

"You feeling comfortable now?" he asks me. I nod thankfully. "Okay, then we can head back."

We start our walk back to school, finally ready to start the day for real this time.