Chapter 32

Hello everyone, 

Thank you all for the sweet comments and messages! I was doubting if you even liked my book at all, but I guess you do! And that couldn't make me happier! So I'm going to continue the story as I first intended. 

Please continue voting and leaving comments, I really love them, they literally make my day! 

Hope you like this new chapter! 

Hugs and kisses! 

Nini's POV

The talk with Ricky went good, we had a bit of a rough start but it turned out good, really good even. I just wish the talk with my moms goes just as well.

Ricky and I are cuddled up in my bed, watching some lame movie when I hear the frontdoor opening and closing. I guess my moms are home. I sit up a little and look at Ricky. It seems like he knows what I'm thinking, because he takes my little hands in his and squeezes them a little.

"It will be fine", he says. He slowly gets up and puts on his shoes, getting ready to go home.

"Do you really need to go?" I ask softly.

"Nini, as much as I would like to stay, I can't. This is something you need to discuss with your moms. And besides, you don't need me. You got this, okay?" he says, giving my hands another squeeze.

"I got this", I whisper, mostly trying to convince myself.

When Ricky is all ready to go, he reaches out his hand for me to take. I grab his hand and walk downstairs with him, ready to face my moms.

"I'll see you tomorrow, but text me how it went." He says. I nod. He gives me a little kiss on my forehead. "I love you", he whispers.

"I love you too", I whisper back and watch him leave. I keep on staring at the closed door through which Ricky just disappeared.

"Nini? Are you okay?" I hear momma C say behind me. I turn around and see her head peeking out of the kitchen. I force a little smile to hide my nerves and nod. And with that she disappears back into the kitchen.

I take a deep breath and make my way to the kitchen. I see momma D making dinner and momma C is sitting at the counter with glass of water before her.

"Hello there honey, how was school?" momma D asks with a smile on her face.

"Okay" I say quietly.

"Are you okay sweetie, you're so quiet?" momma C remarks.

"There is something I wanted to talk about", I say, taking place next to momma C at the counter.

"Of course, shoot", momma D says. Here goes, I guess.

"You know how tough life was for me a few months ago, when the whole bullying thing happened and how I struggled?", I start. They both nod. "And you remember how I would tell you if it all became too much again?" They nod again. "I didn't", I admit. "I kept it all for myself again, thinking I could handle it, I tried letting Ricky in, but I couldn't. I mean, I told him parts of it, but only told him the entire truth today. It is just so hard", I say, letting tears spill again. "I can't handle it on my own, so I talked to Miss Jenn today and she told me the same thing you guys told me last time, that there's an option to seek for professional help and I'm starting to consider it. So if that option is still open for you guys, I would like to try it."

"I wish you would have told us sooner, sweetie. We suspected something was going on with you, but we were hoping you would let us in. I'm glad you are now. And if professional help is something you want to try, then I can only support that decision." Momma C says.

"I agree, honey. If you think that's going to help you, then I'm here to support you.", momma D says.

I crack a smile, tears flowing, while momma C pulls me in for a tight hug. Not long after, momma D joins us in our grouphug and it's one of those moments i feel genuinely safe and happy. 

That evening we searched for a therapist in Salt Lake City and immediately reached out to one, making my first appointment, this Friday. 

I went to sleep peacefully that night, shooting Ricky a quick text before falling asleep.