Chapter 56

Hey everyone, 

I'm sorry, but I did it again. I came back, only to disappear again. I feel really guilty for doing that, but I'm back now, to finish this story! 

I was going to update earlier, but I needed to recover from that A-MA-ZING ALBUM FROM LIV! I literally bawled my eyes out by half of the songs. 

I'm so incredibly proud of her! 

Anyways, hope you enjoy this and the next chapter! 

Hugs and kisses! 

Nini's POV

Ricky and I didn't see each other on Sunday. I visited my Lola while Ricky and his dad had a dudes day or whatever they call it. We did call before I went to bed, he told me all about his day and how happy spending time with his dad made him. He sounded so excited and that immediately made me happy too. I told him about Lola and how she kept beating me in UNO. My day wasn't as interesting as his, but still he listened very closely and he seemed so interested in my boring day.

We ended falling asleep while on the phone. Okay, I fell asleep and Ricky never hung up.

I woke up to the sound of rustling on the other side of the line.

"Ricky?", I ask in my sleepy voice.

"Good morning Neens. Sorry if I woke you up." I hear him say.

"No, it's okay. I should get ready for school anyway.", I say, still half asleep. "Since when are you up so early?"

"Just woke up, I guess. And I knew that I would be late for school if I just closed my eyes again, so I got up and showered.", he answers.

"Who are you and what have you done to Ricky Bowen?", I say jokingly.

"Ha ha Neens, anyway. I'm going to hang up, I'll see you in a bit. I love you." he says.

"Love you too", I say before he hangs up. I get out of my bed and decide a shower probably isn't a bad idea.

Ricky's POV

Because I got up early, I was also early on our meeting spot to walk together to school.

"I'm here, I'm here", I hear Nini say from behind me.

"Well hello there", I say, while giving her a quick peck on her temple and taking her hand. "Ready for another day of school?"

"No, absolutely not", she answers.

"Why not?" I say.

"Did you forget what happened last Friday?" she asks.

"Right..." I say, kinda embarrassed that I asked. "But maybe your speech scared her off?"

"Have you heard that 'speech'? It was such a joke." she answers.

"I don't know, I thought it was pretty badass." I say. She chuckles.

"We can hope.", she says. I can tell that she's starting to overthink it, as she stares in front of her, getting lost in her own head again, so I change the subject. I bring up the dumbest things but according to her smile and giggles, it works.

As we get closer to school, her grip on my hand tightens again. I walk with her to her locker and see Kourtney already standing there.

"Hey there, lovebirds", she says as she sees us.

"Good morning Kourt", Nini says as she lets go of my hand to give Kourtney a quick hug.

"Guys, guys!" I hear. I turn to where the noise is coming from and see Big Red running towards us.

"What's up with you?" I ask.

"She's gone", he managed to say in between breaths. We all look confused at each other.

"Who's gone?", Kourtney asks.

"Gina, she transferred to North High", Big Red says, still trying to catch his breath.

I look at Nini, but she's just staring at Big Red with no emotion written on her face.

"Are you 100% sure?" I double check.

"Yes", he assured me.

When I heard that, I let the happiness creep onto my face, forming a huge smile. I turned myself to Nini and see that she's still staring at nothing with the same emotionless look on her face.

"Neens?", I say.

The second I say her name, she starts sobbing. I take her into my arms as fast as I can and hold her as tight as I can. I give her a little kiss on the top of her head. I gently rock her, trying to calm her down.

"It's okay, it's all over, you're safe.", I whisper in her ear. She hold onto me as tight as possible, scared to let go.

After a while, I feel her taking a deep breath and loosening her grip. She wipes her tears away and takes another deep breath, before saying "Gosh, I needed that".

She takes her books and heads to first period.

God, that girl continues to amaze me.