Chapter 49

Hey everyone,

Again, sorry the chapter is not as long as I like, but my mind is literally all over the place these past few weeks. I try my best to keep up with my updating schedule, but it's getting harder and harder. 

Also, the queen is finally 18! 

Hope you like it! 

Hugs and kisses! 

Nini's POV

Scared, I take place next to Ricky at our lunch table, I give him a quick smile before taking my lunch out of my bag. I start eating in silence, not really interfering with the conversations that are going on at the table. I'm not really in the mood to be social at the moment, I'm too worried about what might happen.

I really hope that it's all in my head, but still, I have this gut feeling that something is going to happen. Sadly, my gut feeling is usually right, so now I'm worried even more.

Ricky probably noticed I'm quiet, when he puts his hand on my thigh. I tense immediately and he pulls his hand away as soon as he felt it.

It's weird, I haven't cut myself for a while now, and still I freak out when someone touches my wrists or thighs. Ricky now looks at me with a guilty face, but I throw him a quick reassuring smile and grab his hand to give it a little squeeze. I don't let it go though.

I see Kourtney flashing me an adoring smile from the other side from the table when she sees Ricky and I's hands intertwined. She nods approvingly.

I try to participate in the conversations, trying to distract myself.

"Carlos, what can you tell us about the Spring Musical?", I hear Ashlyn ask Carlos. That caught my attention.

"Oooh, I'm curious too", I say.

"Miss Jenn told me I couldn't tell anyone, but there is no way I'm going to be able to keep this for myself", he says.

I'm kinda excited for the Spring Musical. Ever since Ricky pushed me to audition last time, the drama club has become my second family. I'm glad Ricky pushed me, otherwise I would have missed out on all this.

"So Miss Jenn decided to go with another Disney classic.", Carlos says to build up the suspense. "It's going to be Beauty and the Beast!"

"No way!", I say excitedly. "I love Beauty and the Beast. I would kill to play Belle."

"Nini, come on. After your performance last time, there is no way you don't have the lead. You're made for this role.", Carlos says.

"Aaww, thanks Carlos.", I say, with a red blush on my cheeks.

"Carlos is right, Neens. You are one in a million talented and you proved yourself last time. There is no reason for you not to have the lead." Ricky says. I look at him and throw him an adoring smile.

I lay my head on his shoulder and keep it there for some time. The rest of the table keeps talking about the musical and what the cast list could look like.

I slowly sit up again and check my phone. When I see the time, I smile to myself. Only two more minutes of lunch. I almost made it through lunch. Maybe I was wrong, maybe Ricky was right. Maybe I'm just paranoid.

As I am thinking that, I feel cold liquid run down my neck and back.