Chapter 20

Merry Christmas everyone! 

Hugs and kisses! 

Ricky's POV

I woke up after I don't know how long, but I see it's already dark outside. I see Nini beside me, cuddled up with Franklin, her head on my chest and her arms wrapped around me, even her legs are tangled with mine. My arms are still holding her tight.

I still can't believe that his beautiful girl, who's asleep in my arms, likes me back, she even said she loves me. I can't believe that, if all goes well, we can be together for the rest of our life. But for that to happen, I will have to ask her to be my girlfriend first, but then I remember something she said yesterday.

'I don't even know how I love you, I can't even love myself'

I know I will have to make that my priority. I will have to take care of that and all the rest that's going on in that pretty head of hers.

I look down at her and I see she's still peacefully asleep, so I decide to lay back and wait until she wakes up herself. I gently start to stroke her silky hair again and as soon as I start doing that, a little smile appears on her face, but still she doesn't wake up yet.

Time goes by so slowly, just laying there. I'm slowly drifting away again, but the sound of a phone prevents that. Nini heard it too, she practically jumps up from my chest, looking confused at first, but her face softens quickly.

I look at my phone, but see that it's not mine. What I do see, it's that it's already 10 o'clock.

Nini searches for her phone in her backpack and when she finds it, she quickly picks it up.

"Hey momma C", she says. Of course it's her mom, they have no idea where she is. They must be worried sick. "I'm fine momma, I fell asleep at Ricky's", haha true. That happens way too many times. "I'm sorry I didn't let you know, it wasn't my intention. I'll be home as soon as I can.". No, she's leaving, that makes me sad.

I look at her with a pout on my face when she hangs up. When she sees my face, she laughs.

"I've gotta go, my moms were worried sick.", she says, taking her backpack and jacket.

"No, I don't want you to leave", I pout.

"You're such a baby", she laughs.

Nini's POV

My moms sounded so worried over the phone. They have been extremely protective over me ever since that one time. They say it's because they can't bare the thought of losing me. I guess I can understand that. I would be the same I think.

Sometimes it's a little too much, but I know they do it out of love.

"I've gotta go, my moms were worried sick", I say

I take my backpack and jacket and turn back to Ricky. He stands there with this adorable pout and puppy eyes.

"No, I don't want you to leave", he pouts. I chuckle. How can someone be so cute without even trying?

"You're such a baby", I laugh.

"Let me walk you out", he offers. I nod and head downstairs, with Ricky on my heels. He opens the door for me and we look at each other.

Okay, I have no idea what to do now? I mean, we confessed our love for each other, but it's not like we are official or something and I may have said something about not being sure if a relationship is the right thing for me right now. Do I hug him? Do I give him a kiss? Or is it better to just do nothing?

I'm so overthinking this.

I decide to be bold and give him a quick peck and before he can say something, I head out.

"See you tomorrow, Ricky", I say and I start my walk home.

I just contradicted my whole 'speech' from yesterday with that one small action.