Chapter 39

Here is chapter 39! I didn't have much time to write the past few weeks, but now that I have a few days off, I'm trying to write as much as I can, so I can continue updating frequently. 

I really hope you all still love the story. If not, don't hesitate to tell me or give me suggestions. 

Hope you all have a wonderful day! 

Hugs and kisses x

Nini's POV

During dinner, I told my moms what happened at school and their overprotective side took over almost immediately. We started a discussion because they threatened to pull me out of school. They even said they wanted to start home schooling me, but there is no way that's happening.

That's against everything I stand for. I don't want her to have that power over me, I don't want to give her what she's asking for. If I stop school because of her, what was the point of her suspension?

I admit, I'm scared, I'm worried, I'm practically terrified, but it's not because I am that I have to show it. Not that I'm going to put up another mask, but I don't want to give her the satisfaction, you know?

My moms promised me to stop over the whole home schooling thing if I take the day off tomorrow and stay home. As much as I don't want to, I don't really have another choice. It's that or staying home for the rest of high school and there is no way I'm letting that happen.

Bummed I go to my bed and take my phone. I'm hesitant to call Ricky, maybe it's easier to just text him? But knowing Ricky, the minute after I sent the text, my phone starts ringing. A picture from the both of us lights up my screen. I take a quick moment to look at it before picking up the phone.

"You're not coming to school tomorrow?", is the first thing he asks.

"Hey Nini? How are you, Nini? Oh, I'm well, Ricky, how are you?", I reply sarcastically.

"Neens, I'm serious. You're not coming tomorrow? Are you okay? Are you sick or something? Do I need to bring you something? I can take the day off to take care of you? You know I wouldn't mind-" he starts rattling. Hearing this, a little smile appears on my face.

"Ricky, calm down. I'm perfectly fine. My moms just want me to stay home tomorrow.", I say calmly, but my disappointment clearly audible.

"Why?" he asks confused.

"I told them what happened today and about Gina. They even wanted to take me off school, but we tried to compromise. Keeping me home as long as I haven't seen my therapist is the best I could do. I'm lucky that's already tomorrow, so I don't have to miss too much school, considering I missed plenty the last few weeks."

"That sucks", he says, "but I get where your moms are coming from"

"Me too, but the thing is that I'm doing exactly what I wanted to avoid. I'm letting her affect my life, Ricky. And that sucks even more."

"I know and I get it, but it's just for tomorrow. Tomorrow you'll go talk to your therapist and everything slowly will fall back into place. Just hold on.", he reassures me. It's weird, but Ricky always knows what he has to say to calm my mind down.

"You're right...", I softly say.

"And if you want to, we can reschedule our date", he say after.

"I-", I don't know what to say now. That one sentence got my mind overthinking everything again. Does he still want to go on a date with me? Is he having second thoughts? I take a deep breath and decide to ask him. "A-Are you having- Are you having second thoughts?"

"Neens, no! Of course not, I just want you to be able to enjoy our date. After all you only have one first date and I want it to be perfect. So if you think you won't be up for it, just tell me. Never think I'm having second thoughts, I would never. I love you, okay? Never forget that." He says.

"Okay, I love you too. And I'll be fine tomorrow. I'm really looking forward to it.", I answer.

"Me too, Nini, me too", he says quietly.

"You should probably go to bed, Ricky. One of us has school tomorrow." I say.

"You're probably right.", he says.

"Have fun at school, okay. Don't miss me too much", I say jokingly.

"You know I will." He says. I'm glad he can't see me right now because I probably look like a tomato right now.

"Good night, Richard", I say.

"Sweet dreams, Nina", he says. I hung up and put my phone on the little table next to my bed. I wrap myself in my blankets and close my eyes. Maybe a day off will be good for me.