Chapter 41

Hello everyone,

I hope I'm not the only one but I'm still recovering from Liv singing drivers license live on Fallon. I woke up for it, watched it, cried lots and then went back to sleep (at least tried to). It was breathtaking, I can't believe it. Those vocals, that bridge live, everything. NO WORDS!!!

Anyways, I hope you like this new chapter! 

Hugs and kisses

Ricky's POV

I've been setting up for my date with Nini. I even had to call Kourtney to ask what I should wear for the date. I'm so nervous, I want everything to be perfect, because she deserves perfection.

I wipe my sweaty palms to my shirt, when I suddenly hear my phone ringing downstairs. I hurry down the stairs and see it's Momma D calling.

"Hello?"

"Hey Ricky, it's Dana here. I just picked Nini up from her appointment."

"How did it go?" I ask.

"She said it went well, she really liked the therapist, she's named Jill, she said it clicked pretty well, but that she did underestimated it, that telling her about herself and her feelings and thoughts was pretty exhausting. I know you guys have a date tonight and there is no way she's willing to reschedule, so she's going to take a nap once she comes home, but I would like to ask you to make sure she doesn't overexert herself. I don't know what you planned and I don't want to ruin it but I'm worried about her health.", she explains.

"I get it and I will make sure we take it easy tonight. I might be able to change some things and make it a calm evening. Everything for Nini.", I reply.

"We're really sorry for this, Ricky. We didn't expect it to be energy draining for her and we know she really looked forward to this evening. If there's anything we can do to help, just give us a call.", she says.

"Don't worry about it.", I say.

"And it would be even greater if you wouldn't tell Nini about this phone call. She would kill us.", she says, slightly chuckling.

"Got it", I say chuckling.

"Thank you again, Ricky!" she says, before hanging up. I put my phone away and I put my hands through my hair. I take a quick look at the clock and see that I still have an hour to rearrange our date.

I know I said I wanted to find something that we haven't done before, but I guess that's not really possible right now. Eventually, I settle on an outdoors movie night. I know I don't have a lot of time, so I decide to call in some help. In no time, I got Red and Kourtney helping me, momma D secretly making snacks while Nini is sleeping and my dad is getting some essentials from the store.

We're hanging up some lights in my backyard, put some pillows and blankets on the grass and set up a projection screen. It's pretty obvious Kourtney has an eye for things like this, because when we're done it look absolutely amazing.

"I have to go help Nini get ready", Kourtney suddenly says.

"Thank you so much for your help, Kourt. There is no way I could have done it without you", I say.

"No, thank you for making Nini so happy.", she replies. I give her a quick hug.

"Make sure she's dressed a little warmer than originally planned", I yell after her before she's completely out of sight.

We finish up some things, make everything ready for this evening, until it's time to pick Nini up.

Nini's POV

"Hey there, Neeners", Kourtney says. I slowly open my eyes and the first time I do is check the time. When I see how late it already is, I jump out of my bed.

"I have to get ready.", I say, while searching for clothes in my closet. Kourtney comes up behind me and softly takes both my hands in hers.

"Calm down, let me do my magic.", she confidently says.

"That's probably a better idea", I say, while giving her a small smile. She pulls out an outfit and hands it to me.

"Put this on and then I'll get started on hair and makeup.", she says. I nod and disappear in my bathroom. I dress myself in the clothes Kourtney gave me and look in the mirror.

My mind goes back to an hour ago. I was in the exact same situation. My therapist Jill made me stand in front of a mirror and made me tell her what I see.

Talking to Jill was weird, not what I imagined it to be. She was not what I imagined her to be. We clicked, I felt safe with her and that's weird. It's weird because we literally don't know each other.

Today was sort of a introduction, she introduced herself, I introduced myself, we talked a little and it didn't take long for me to open up to her, whereas that usually takes some time. It felt good.

When our hour was over, I immediately scheduled another one, because talking to her felt liberating. I liked that feeling.

But what I didn't like is the fact that I'm absolutely exhausted right now, I never knew that feeling feelings could be so tiring.

Momma D says she could ask Ricky to raincheck, but I refused. I've been waiting way too long for this evening, there is no way I'm cancelling.

I hear a knock on the bathroom door."Nini, you alright in there?", Kourtney asks from outside.

"Yeah, I'll be ready in a second, I'm sorry.", I reply. I take a last look at myself in the mirror, flashing my reflection a quick smile and head outside.

"You look gorgeous, Neeners. Ricky will drool over you in this outfit.", she says. I chuckle. "Okay, I was thinking. Loose curls and some simple, natural looking makeup. What do you think?"

"Perfect", I say. I feel the nerves building, but I'm so excited. Please, let this date go well.