⁕ pranksters ⁕

Y/N's POV

Arithmancy was one of the most boring classes in the entire world, but at least Hermione was here with me. But that was also a slight downside to the class. I loved Hermione, but she was very tedious and focused on her notes wholly. I tried to bring my focus back to Professor Vector but was constantly distracted by the view of the castle grounds from the window on my right hand side. I could see the Black Lake from here on the seventh floor of the castle and caught myself remembering the second task a few months ago. 

It was no use trying to pay attention at this point and I raised my hand for a few seconds before Professor Vector called on me. 

"Professor, can I go the restroom?" I asked. 

"Yes of course Miss Y/L/N." he replied before turning back to the board and proceeding on with his lesson. When I was sure he was not going to turn around I gave a wink to Hermione and grabbed my bag, leaving out the door at the end of classroom. She gave a small noise of annoyance but didn't stop me. 

I walked around the halls contemplating where I should go. Perhaps the willow tree near the lake would be nice. I hummed to myself as I made my way down the halls, peaking my head around corners before turning to make sure I wouldn't be caught. It had only been a few minutes before I was met with two red headed twins. 

"Gred and Forge, how nice to see you." I said sarcastically. 

"Skiving off, Y/N?" said Fred. 

"Doesn't seem like you." finished George. 

"Well, sometimes I like to be daring." I whispered in a dramatic voice. I rarely hung out with the twins but when we did, we liked to have a bit of fun. 

"You're in luck cause we are experts in the daring department." George said back. 

"So what new products do we have today?" I asked. 

"We are currently working on Canary Cremés." Fred said, the two of them putting their arms around me so that we walked down the corridors in a horizontal line. 

"Sounds fun, what do they do?" I asked.

"They are disguised to look just like regular Canary Cremés-" said George, "but they're really jinxed to turn the consumer into a canary. Hence-" 

"The name." I finished for them, nodding my head. The twins seemed like just your average practical jokesters on the outside, but they were geniuses. I mean, who else would come up with all this in their free time? 

"Well, do you reckon we try them out on this fine afternoon." I said to the two of them as Fred pulled out a small orange box tied with twine. 

"I'm thinking the exact same thing." said Fred as we headed down the halls to some of bathrooms. I keep some parts of my personality to myself or to my close friends, and nobody besides the twins and the trio would know that I have a prankster side. It made for some really fun stories. I suggested to the two that we could sell some of the Canary Cremes to some unsuspecting students as they also chose to skive off of class. 

We first chose the 5th year bathroom on the same floor we were on. Standing on either side of the entrance to the restroom, we waited for our first victim with our arms crossed. I recognized the first girl who came out of the bathroom with her light brown hair and hazel eyes. Taylor Miller stopped in her tracks and looked at us with a raised eyebrow. A Slytherin, I thought to myself, perfect. We did look suspicious but it was all part of the fun. 

"What are you two looking at?" she asked cautiously. She probably knew we were up to something, we looked so obvious. 

"Oh, nothing. Just enjoying the view." I said sarcastically, pointing at the stone wall in front of us.

"Okay." she said, drawing out the word. 

Fred pulled out a Canary Cremé from the box, and handed it to me, "Care for a treat?" he said. 

I grabbed it from his hands, "Oh, thank you Fred you're so sweet." I said in a fake tone. At this point Taylor seemed more interested in what we were up to than getting away. 

"And what is that?" she asked, eyeing the sweet.

"It's nothing." George said nonchalantly, waving his hand around. 

"Oh come on, really what is it. I know you two always have something up your sleeves." She said, putting her hands on her hips 

"Fine, well if you want it, it's seven sickles." I said quickly, putting a hand out, blinking rapidly. 

"Well, I have no idea what they even do." She said, head turning between the three of us. 

"Then this is your chance to find out." Fred said to her, leaning on his side and smirking down at her. 

"I'd rather pass." she said, starting to leave. 

"Alright then, your loss." I said to her. 

She stopped in her tracks and turned to face us, "You guys are something else." She dug in the pockets of her robes and pulled out seven sickles, handing them to me. I handed her the wrapped Canary Cremé and held down my laughter as she walked down the hallway slowly unwrapping it. 

I high-fived the twins before I heard a pop from around the corridor Taylor had turned just a second ago and saw a yellow bird flying at us. I yelled with laugher as we watched her fly around the ceiling for a few minutes before she transformed and landed on her feet on the ground. Her hair was everywhere and for a second I couldn't tell if she was about to hex us. But then she laughed out-loud and held her stomach. 

"You guys are wicked." She said, a glint in her eyes. 

I let out a sigh of relief and began to laugh with her. The twins gave each other a nudge and before we could say anything more, I heard a yell from around the corridor. 

"What's all the ruckus!" Filch yelled. 

"Scatter!" Fred yelled at the four of us and we ran out of the way like chickens with their heads cut off. Taylor had the smart idea to go back into the girls restroom right behind me but I followed the twins who were obviously not allowed to follow her. We ran through the castle halls before getting cornered by a dead end. 

"Students out of class? Oh, yes punishment will be given. Wait till Dumbledore hears about this." Filch muttered to himself as we walked to what must be the headmasters office. 

"You wait here, I must get you're heads of houses." he said with a sick grin before hobbling away. 

I let out a disappointed sigh. This is not what I wanted to happen when I decided to skip class.

"You see, I don't fancy seeing McGonagall today." Piped up George from my left. 

"Me either George," said Fred and I knew what was coming next, "Why don't you say we risk it?" he finished. 

"Oh, no you don't." I started, but the twins gave a salute before running down the opposite way Filch had went. 

I let out a groan and was contemplating making a run for it as well but then the stone Gargoyle moved and Professor Moody and Professor Dumbledore made their way out accompanied by another man whos name I did not know.  

"Ah, Miss Y/L/N, what gives me the pleasure of seeing you today?" asked Dumbledore from behind his spectacles. 

"Oh, well I-uh." I stuttered for a moment before saying, "Trouble." 

"Filch I suppose?" He asked with a small smile. 

"Yes." I said, fiddling with the hem of my skirt. 

"Don't mind me, I will be back in a moment. Head up to my study if you will, I think you won't mind the company." He said with a small look. 

"Oh, okay." I said, giving a nod before climbing up the stone stairs into his study. I opened the door that led to his office and found Harry with his head in a glowing bowl pushed against the wall. What in Merlin was he doing? 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A thanks to taymmiller for the inspiration for this chapter, she's amazing. 

Word Count: 1402