⁕ expulsion ⁕

Harry's POV

Readjusting Dudley on my shoulder, I made it back to Privet Drive. I stuck my wand into my back pocket, but there was no hiding what I had just done. Magic. I was sure to be expelled now.. unless... Dumbledore stopped the Ministry. Thoughts ran through my head at a lighting speed. I made it to the front porch and, putting on a slight smile, I rang the doorbell. The hall light turned on and I saw the outline of Aunt Petunia.

"Diddy! About time, I was getting worried-Dudley! Whats the matter!"

I looked sideways at my cousin and then ducked away from him, letting his body sway. Then he went pale as a ghost and vomited all over the front porch mat. 

"DIDDY! Vernon! Help!" Aunt Petunia screamed and then grabbed Dudley and helped move him over the threshold. Vernon came stomping through the house until he met the two in the middle and said, "What is it son!? What happened?" 

I took this time as a great opportunity to slip inside the house before the door was slammed, and tip toeing down the hall, I was only seconds away from making it up the stairs before I heard Uncle Vernons loud voice boom through the entire house. Nearly making its foundations cumble. 

"BOY COME HERE!"

With the five stages of grief going through my body, my mouth went into a line and I backwards trekked back into the living room. 

"Yes?" I asked hesitantly. 

"What.. have you done... to my son?" He asked in a deathly calm voice.

"Nothing." I said; already knowing that was a fruitless lie. 

"What did he do to you Diddy?" asked Aunt Petunia.

"Sha-shad-shadow." Dudley managed to mumble under his breath.

"WHAT!" Aunt Petunia screeched.

"I didn't-" I started to say.

"DID HE USE HIS-HIS THING?" Aunt Petunia asked. 

But as I was about to explain as much as I could, a thump came from the front of the house. I took a few steps at the same time as Uncle Vernon and saw a letter on the ground. Green ink and a red stamp. Uncle Vernons breathing grew labored and I could see the post traumatic stress in his eyes. I remembered when I had been recieving the hundreds of letters from Hogwarts when I had been eleven years old. The way we had left to some shack in the middle of the ocean to escape, but Hagrid had found me and said, "Your a wizard." 

"I WILL NOT HAVE ANY MORE LETTERS IN THIS HOUSE." Uncle Vernon yelled, but I had already sprinted and grabbed it off the ground. Tearing it open I read the letter.

Dear Mr. Potter, 

We have recieved intelligence that you perfomed the patronus Charm at twenty three mnutes ast nine htis evening in a Muggle inhabited area, in the prscnee of a Muggle.

The severity of this breach has resulted in yur expulsion from Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. MInustry representatives will be calling yor pace of residence shortly to destory your wand. 

We regret to nfrm you that your prescene is equired at a disciplinary earina t the MInistry of Maic at 9 a.m. on August 12th. 

Hoping you are well, 

Mafalda Hopkins, 

Ministry of Magic

With shakey hands, I put down the letter. There was no way... they couldn't be... destroying my wand. I couldn't stay here, I had to run. I had to find Ron, Hermione, and Y/N. Find the Weasleys, whereever they were. Hide there until I could talk to Dumbledore and somehow make them change their mind. Since there was no reason for me not to, I pulled out my wand and walked back into the kitchen. 

I said to the Dursleys, "I'm leaving."

"You can't leave, and you can't use that thing until you tell us-"

"If you don't move out of the way, I'll use it this time. And it won't be to protect you." 

"You can't use that outside of school-"

"The madhouse chucked me out already, so I can do whatever I like-" I started when there was another crack and a second letter appeared out of thin air. 

Harry- 

Dumbledore's just arrived at the MInistry, and he's trying to sort it all out. DO NOT LEAVE YOUR AUNT AND UNCLE'S HOUSE. DO NOT USE ANY MORE MAGIC AND DO NOT SURRENDER YOUR WAND 

Arthur Weasley

I finished the letter, and putting my wand back into my pocket, I looked up and said, "Looks like I'm staying." and then flung myself next down to Dudley at the kitchen table and wondered how Dumbledore was going to fix this mess I had been thrown into once again. Why was there a Dementor in Surrey? Privet Drive of all places. And so close to the house I lived in. Was this a set up? I just hope I hadn't been-

※※※

"Expelled?!" I said, dumbfounded. Hermione and Ron looked equally confused as I watched Arthur Weasley grab his coat and walk towards the front door of Number Twelve, Grimmauld Place.

"We'll discuss it later, I've already sent him a letter. You three stay here the rest of the lot. I've got to go to the Ministry to talk with Dumbledore."

"But-" Ron started, but Hermione shushed him and agreed with Arthur. There was truely nothing we could do, but there was also no use in arguing.

Harry was in deep trouble.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's Note: HAPPY HALLOWEEN EVERYONE!! <3