⁕ the madness of mr. crouch ⁕

Harry's POV:

As I raced up the dark grounds to the castle, Fleur, Cedric, and Mr. Bagman were nowhere to be seen. I was already regretting my decision to leave Y/N with Mr. Crouch, but I was already more than halfway to Professor Dumbledore's office. I tore through the stone steps, through the oak front doors of the castle, and off up the marble staircase towards the second floor. A couple of minutes later, I arrived in front of the stone gargoyle standing in from of the empty corridor. 

"Lem-lemon drop!" I panted, out of breath from running all the way here. That was the password to the hidden staircase to Dumbledore's office or at least, it had been two years ago. The password had evidently changed and the stone gargoyle did not move. 

"Move!" I yelled at it. "C'mon!" I sighed, looking down the dark corridors, maybe Professor Dumbledore was in the staffroom? I started running in that direction before the sound of my own name stopped me. 

"POTTER!" Snape called out. 

I looked back and saw Snape emerging from the hidden staircase behind the stone gargoyle. The wall was sliding shut behind him and I made a noise before running back to him. 

"What are you doing here, Potter?" He asked suspiciously. 

"I need to see Professor Dumbledore," I said, standing in front of him. My eyes glancing between his face, the gargoyle, and the corridor, "It's Mr. Crouch.... he's turned up... he's in the forest... he's asking-" 

"What on earth are you talking about?" asked Snape, his dark eyes glittering. I was angry with how slow this was going. 

"MR. CROUCH! FROM THE MINISTRY! HE'S ILL OR SOMETHING!" I shouted at Snape, "He wants to see Dumbledore! Just give me the password so I can go up-" 

"The headmaster is busy, Potter." Snape said, cutting me off with a dark smirk. 

"But I've got to tell Dumbledore!" I yelled. I was getting very annoyed with him now and I clenched my fists together. Y/N was still out there alone with that madman. 

"Didn't you hear me, Potter?" He asked in a condescending tone, he was really enjoying this. 

"Look, Crouch isn't right- he's out of his mind, he wants to warm-" Before I could finish my sentence the stone wall behind Snape slid open and Dumbledore walked out, a curious expression on his face. 

"Is there a problem?" He asked, looking between the two of us. 

"Yes! Professor, Mr. Crouch is here, and he wants to speak with you. Down by the forest." 

"Lead the way." He said promptly, not even asking any questions like I thought he would. I saw Snape scowl as we made our way back out to the grounds. 

"What did Mr. Crouch say, Harry?" Dumbledore asked me as we walked down the marble staircase. 

"Said he wants to warn you.... something terrible... he's not acting normal." I said to him, hurrying alongside Dumbledore. I scanned the lawn for Y/N and Mr. Crouch, but I couldn't see or hear either of them. My heart sped up and I moved in front of Dumbledore. 

"Where are they?" asked Dumbledore. 

"Over here." I said, leading the way through the trees, "Y/N?" I called out. Nobody answered. 

"They were here, they were definitely somewhere around here." I tried to keep my voice calm, but it was hard considering that I couldn't find Y/N and she was left alone with a mad wizard. I cursed myself for leaving her alone with him. 

"Lumos." Dumbledore said, illuminating the ground before him. The narrow beam of light traveled from trunk to trunk, casting its white light against the forest floor. Then it fell upon a pair of feet. I hurried forward. Y/N was sprawled on the dirt, unconscious. I ran towards her, falling to my knees next to her. I grabbed her wrist and felt a pulse. I let out a sigh, she wasn't dead. 

Dumbledore bent over Y/N and gently lifted one of her eyelids. 

"Stunned." He said softly. 

"Should I go get someone? Madam Pomfrey?" I asked worriedly. 

"No," He said quickly, "Stay here." he finished. 

I had no objections and kept Y/N's hand in my own as I sat down next to her body. Dumbledore raised his wand into the air and pointed in the direction of Hagrid's cabin. Something silvery darted out of it and streaked through the trees but before I could figure out what it was, Dumbledore bent over Y/N again and murmured, "Rennervate."

Y/N opened her eyes, looking dazed. When she saw me, she tried to sit up but Dumbledore put a hand on her shoulder and made her lie still. 

"He attacked me! Mr. Crouch. I was looking around to see where Harry had gone and he stunned me from behind-" She said rapidly. 

"Lie still for a moment." Dumbledore told her. 

The sound of loud footstep's reached us, and Hagrid came panting into sight with Fang, his large dog, at his heels. He was carrying his crossbow. 

"Professor Dumbledore!" He said before noticing Y/N lying on the ground, "Harry what the-" 

"Hagrid I need you to fetch Madame Pomfrey, and alert Professor Moody-"

"No need, Dumbledore, I'm here." Moody said limping towards us, "What happened? Snape said something about Crouch." He said furiously. 

"Crouch?" Asked Hagrid. 

"Pomfrey, please Hagrid!" said Dumbledore sharply. Hagrid let out a noise and then turned and disappeared into the dark trees towards the castle. 

"I don't know where Barty Crouch is." Dumbledore told Moody, "But it is essential that we find him."

"I'm onto it." replied Moody before limping back off into the forest.

Neither Dumbledore, Y/N, or I spoke again until we heard Hagrid come back with Madame Pomfrey who was muttering again about how students were getting hurt left and right. 

"What happened!" She said, her eyes finding Y/N on the ground.

"I'll tell you later Poppy, but Y/N has been attacked. Stunned, from behind." Dumbledore told her. Pomfrey helped Y/N off the forest floor and the two girls walked back to the hospital wing. Hagrid was told to escort me back to the Gryffindor Common Room. 

We marched in silence back to the dorms and I was quite glad to say good-bye to him in from of the Fat Lady. All I could think about is how I had left Y/N there with Crouch. It could have been a million times worse than it was.  As soon as I clambered through the portrait hole into the common room, I hurried straight for the corner where Ron and Hermione were sitting, to tell them what had happened. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please update Golden Boy, Samine. I'm having withdrawals. 

Word Count: 1111