⁕ back to privet drive ⁕

The weather could have not been more different on the journey nack to King's Cross station than it had been on their way to Hogwarts the previous September. There wasnt a single cloud in the sky and Harry, Ron, Hermione, and Y/N had managed to get a compartment to themselves. Hedwig was dozing, her head under her wing, and Crookshanks was curled up in a spare seat like a large, furry ginger cushion.

Harry felt as if though Dumbledore's speech at the Leaving Feast had unblocked him, somehow. It was less painful to discuss what had happened now. He broke off into their conversation about what Dumbledore might be planning now and only stopped talking when the lunch trolly arrived.

When Hermione had returned from the trolly, and put her money back into her schoolbag, she dislodged a copy of the Daily Prophet from where she had been carrying it in there. Harry looked at it, unsure whetther he really wnated to know what it might say.

"Theres nothing in there. You can look for yourself, but theres nothing at all. I've been checking it evry day... Just a small piece the day after the third tasl ksaying you won the tournament. They didn't even mention Cedric. Nothing about any of it. If you ask me, Fudge is trying to force them into being quiet."

Harry's pov:

I stepped off the train. My spirits were declining quite rapidly as I made my way closer  to the entrance and exit to 9 and 3/4. But I knew this summer would be different. It has to be. I would find a way to keep in contact with y/n, Ron, and Hermione. And I would see Sirius, I had too.

The four of us made our way through the barrier, feeling the cool air lap at our skin between the two platforms. And then there I was. Back in London. About to return to a place that wasn't my home. I tried not to let it get to me. I mean, I had spent 13 years there already. And nothing seriously bad could happen with Professor Dumbledore in charge. It's not like one summer would make a difference right?

—————————————————
Word Count: 371

Total Word Count for Like Lightning Year 4: 63,743

Year 5 coming soon....