⁕ premonitions ⁕

Harry's POV

I should have been watching the hundreds of owls dropping off their letters as I ate my buttered toast but I sat there in the morning sunlight remembering the previous nights events. I'd never had anyone care for me the way Y/N did. And it felt... so nice. Of course there was Sirius, but his love was the way a godfather should love his godson. I was startled out of my daydream as his letter response fluttered down beside me. 

Harry- what do you think you are playing at, walking off into the forest at night? I want you to swear, by return owl, that you are not going to go walking with anyone else at night. There is somebody highly dangerous at Hogwarts. It is clear to me that they wanted to stop Crouch from seeing Dumbledore and you were probably feet away from them in the dark. You could have been killed. 

Your name didn't get into the Goblet of Fire by accident. If someone's trying to attack you, they're on their last chance. Stay close to Ron, Hermione, and Y/N, do not leave Gryffindor Tower after hours, and arm yourself for the third task. Practice Stunning and Disarming. A few hexes wouldn't go amiss either. There's nothing you can do about Crouch. Keep your head down and look after yourself. I'm waiting for your letter giving me your word you won't stray out-of-bounds again. - Sirius 

"Who's he, to lecture me about being out-of-bounds?" I asked in mild indignation as I folded up Sirius's letter and out it in my robes, "After all the stuff he did at school?" 

"He's worried about you!" said Hermione, "Just like Moody and Hagrid. So listen to them." 

"No one's tried to attack me all year," I argued with her, "No one's done anything to me at all-" 

"Except put your name in the Goblet of Fire," said Y/N, "And they must've done that for a reason, Harry. Sirius is right, maybe they've been bidding their time. Maybe this is the task where they're going to get you." her voice quivered. 

"Look," I said in a soothing voice to Y/N, "let's say Sirius is right, and someone stunned you to kidnap Crouch. Well. they've would've been in the trees near us, wouldn't they? But they wanted to wait until I was out of the way until they acted. So it doesn't look like I'm their target, does it?" 

"They couldn't have made it look like an accident if they'd murdered you in the forest!" Hermione said, "But if you die during the task-"

"Hermione, don't say that." said Y/N, almost harshly. Her face was like stone but I could see the emotion behind her eyes. She turned to face me before saying, "Harry, I don't understand it either, but there's a lot of odd things going on, and I don't like it. You've got to get to training for the third task, now. And you make sure you write back to him and promise you're not going to sneak around again." 

"Aren't you the one who took me out last night?" I said sharply. I saw her face redden, but she didn't let go.

"Fine, Harry, it was a stupid idea. Do you want me to say that?" 

"No- I just-" I started but she grabbed her bag and left the table. I cursed under my breath, watching her stalk off. 

※※※

Hogwarts had never looked more inviting these past few days, and although the next couple of hours were diminished because of the small argument in the Great Hall, we all spent time in the library, looking up hexes together. 

We had snuck into Professor Flitwick's empty classroom at lunchtime to practice Stunning and Disarming. 

"Can't we kidnap Mrs. Norris?" Asked Ron from the floor. I had just finished stunning him for the fifth time in a row this hour, "Or you can ask Dobby, Harry, I bed he'd do anything to help you. I'm not complaining or anything." he gingerly got to his feet, rubbing his backside, "but I'm aching all over."