⁕ moonlight kisses ⁕

Tonight us fourth years had Astronomy with the Gryffindors. I wanted to talk to Harry about what had happened during the feast and caught him in the halls during our passing period. 

"Hey, when we have Astronomy tonight, can you stay after for a bit? I want to talk to you." I said quickly. 

"Yeah, I'll bring my invisibility cloak." He said, smiling.

"Great. I'll see you then." I said happily. I was looking forward to talking to him about other things too. Possibly my own feelings towards him. Going through the day-to-day motion of school, the nervousness in my gut spread to my fingers and legs. I felt weak and tingly. What if I choked up and then it got awkward? Or if he didn't feel the same way? I couldn't bear that thought. Then our friendship would be ruined for sure. 

When it was around midnight, our class went up to the highest tower in Hogwarts. We brought tiny lanterns with us to chart see our parchment paper. Although it was late, and I always found myself yawning through the lectures, I adored astronomy. I loved the inky darkness of the sky, how the stars twinkled, and the cool night breeze as it blew through the tower. Professor Sinistra went through tonight's lesson without any hiccups. We would start charting the cycle of the moon and labeling the stars. 

I sat next to Harry and occasionally found myself staring at him. His hair matched the night sky and the moonlight bounced off his glasses, reflecting the crescent moon. The wind ruffled his hair, making it even messier than it already was. I want to run my hands through it, feel the softness of-. Woah there, y/n. Focus on your work, I thought. I looked up, trying to chart Orion, and saw a shooting star. I made a wish, crossing my fingers on both hands. Apparently, Harry saw this and looked over to me smirking. 

He came close to my ear and I could feel his breath on my neck as he said, "What did you wish for?" I shivered, his voice sending electricity down my back and to my core. 

"Nothing much." I said looking at him, our faces almost touching. Then Professor Sinistra cleared her throat. We both looked back at her. She gave us a look and went back to teaching. I was glad for the darkness as I felt my face heat up. I went back to charting. Then a particularly cold burst of wind blew through the tower. I pulled my cloak closer around my body, hoping to get warmer. Harry scooted closer to me and I felt his body heat meet the right side of my body. "Thanks", I whispered.  

Then the class ended and I blew out my lantern. I and Harry hid in a corner of the class. We used the invisibility cloak to make ourselves go unnoticed by our professor, who was the last to leave.  Once everybody was gone we uncovered ourselves and lit the lanterns again. 

"Incendio." I whispered and a flame sprung from the tip of my wand. Then once we were settled down he asked me, "So what was it you wanted to talk to me about." 

"Oh yeah. Well, I just wanted to know-." I started.

"If I put my name in the Goblet of Fire? I've been getting that a lot, and no I didn't." He looked away and I scooted closer, reaching out to him.

"No, well, yes, but I wanted to know if you were okay. I mean the whole school has it out for you." I said with a concerned tone.

"Oh. Well, I guess I'm doing okay. I mean I'm used to everybody talking about me. You know with the whole chosen one stuff. But I appreciate you asking. It means a lot to me." He said, his face relaxing. 

"Of course." I said, putting a strand of hair behind my ear. I looked out on the view. 

"It's, beautiful isn't it?" I asked breathlessly. The moonlight made the lake water glow bright white. 

"Yeah, it is." There was a hesitance to his voice and I turned to him. He was already staring at me. 

"Y/N?" He said in a whisper. 

"Yeah?" I said.

"I think...there's something else I need to tell you."

"I think I need to tell you something too." I answered. Then he leaned in. The lines of his face becoming more prominent as the distance between our faces became shorter... and shorter... and shorter. 

"I think I have a crush on you." He started. I looked down at his lips. I wanted them against mine. Now. 

"Me too-." I said before he cupped my face with his hands. There was eagerness in his eyes and the green iris seemed to be devoured by his large black pupils.  Then he closed the distance between our lips and kissed me. It was slow and passionate. Almost as if he had been wanting to do this for a long time. I leaned in even closer to his body and put my hand on his chest. His lips were soft and I felt butterflies rise in my stomach. I closed my eyes and let time slow down. Then he smiled and we pulled away. 

I put my hands over my face and lied on my back. I groaned. 

"I guess this means we aren't just friends anymore, y/n." Said Harry with a laugh. 

"You guess! Ughhhhhh." I blushed and looked back up at Harry. He took my hand and kissed my knuckles. 

"Y/N, would you like to be my girlfriend?" He said nervously. For someone who had just kissed me, he seemed more nervous about this. I got closer to his face and kissed him again. 

"Of course I will." I said smiling. Then I lied my head on his chest and watched the stars. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This made me feel so much better. I've had a crappy day but wallah. 

Word Count: 1003