⁕ truth serum ⁕

Y/N's POV

I wished I had gotten the chance to say goodbye to everyone. Especially Harry... he had probably won the tournament by now right? Him or Cedric. But there was a part of me that wondered if something had gone wrong. Who's to say Crouch Jr wouldn't attack other students at the tournament. And why wasn't anybody looking for me? I didn't let it go to my head. There was always a logical explanation for things. Hermione must have noticed by now, or Makayla. And maybe Ron, as clueless as he was.

It was dead silent in the trunk now, and I wondered what would happen to us? Would we be killed, forgotten about and left to wither and die? Or would we be taken with Crouch at the end of the school year, to Voldemort. I'd rather starve down here. I willed myself not to cry, it would be too embarrassing. Then a slit of light fell into the hole.

I winced at the light, not realizing how dark it had been in the trunks dark well. It was Barth Crouch Jr., only it wasn't. He was once against disguised as Professor Moody. I backed up against the wall opposite wall as much as I could with my broken arm. The real professor was glaring up at Crouch Jr. The tension was thick and the imposter simply smiled.

"The Dark Lord has returned! It's time for us to leave. Let's pray he has mercy on you two. Oh but he will praise me for my work." Jr rambled on, licking his lips and looking as crazy as a mad man could be. He threw down a dingy old blanket that had lost its color and now looked a shade of brown that could only be described as dirty. Threads hung from around the edges and I wondered if no blanket at all would be better than this piece of crap. 

Then, Barty Crouch Jr whipped his head around. He shut the lid of the trunk with a quick yet soft thud. Leaving me and the real Professor to wonder what was happening. There was a muffled sound of talking and then a shout. The sounds went on for a few minutes and I began to yell. My voice grew hoarse and it went silent. There was the sound of hurried footsteps and then I heard Professor Snape's voice. 

"Crouch!" he said, "Barty Crouch!" 

"Good heavens," I recognized Professor McGonagall say from above. 

"Step aside, please. Severus you have the potion?" It was Professor Dumbledore.

There was the sound of struggling and movement and then Dumbledore spoke.

"Can you hear me?" Something was spoken to quietly to hear. 

It went on back and forth between questions asked by Dumbledore and incoherent speaking from Barty Crouch Jr.. 

Eventually, Dumbledore said, "Minerva, could I ask you to take Harry upstairs, to my office?" I straighted and tears threatened to spill. Harry was okay, he was safe. I yelled for help again. And some part of me felt as if the siutation wasn't helpless at all. 

There was a great glicking sound from above and I took and intake of breath. This was it, I- we would be let out of this dirt hole. The trunks lid opened and I didn't squint my eyes at the intake of light; straining, I looked for their faces. It was dead silence for a few seconds before I saw their faces stare down at mine. 

"Miss y/l/n!" Professor McGonagall exclaimed.

"Hi Professor!" I almost shrieked with sheer joy.

"Now don't worry, we'll get you out of there." She said, "Are you hurt?" 

I looked down at my arm, still resting against my chest.

"Um, yeah I think I broke my arm!" I said, nervously laughing. 

"Oh! I need to find Poppy right away!" She cried out. 

I was greatful for their concern, but I had only two things on my mind. Where was Harry and what had happened at the tournament.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey bestiessssss. We're getting close to the end of GoF, finally!! It took me since I believe September or October to get here lmaooo. 

Word Count: 686