⁕ number twelve grimmauld place ⁕

Harry's POV

"Whats the Order of the-" I started. 

"Shush! Not out here boy, let's get into the house before we talk more." said Moody. 

We had apparated from the Dursleys just a few moments after the "Order" had appeared on the doorstep. I still had no clue who some of these people were, and what the "Order" was. I had run up the stairs and quickly grabbed my trunk and Hedwig before leaving just seconds after jumping off the bottom step. Barely saying a quick goodbye to the Durlseys. I felt as if I owed them a slight acknowledgement after what had happened with the Dementors. Now, I was standing in front of the front door of a place called Number Twelve Grimmauld Place. It was an old dilapitated apartment building with dark brick walls almost black looking, and dark shadows the clung to its corners. 

I had just been confronted with it just moments ago... as it had also not been there moments ago. The apartment had made a loud grinding noise against the other brick walls as it simply extended out between apartments eleven and thirteen. And my surprise, nobody else in the seemingly muggle inhabited area had heard this commotion. 

Moody prodded me in the back, motioning me to enter through the grimy door. So I walked up the stone steps and into the apartment. The silver door with it's snake knocker seem to wink at me as I stepped past the threshhold.

"Get in quick Harry." said Lupin, and I walked into the hallway that stretched out in front of me, the dust rising with every footstep. Other people followed in behind me, and I was eager to find out their names. Were they part of the Ministry? Were they here to help me not get expelled from Hogwarts? Then Moody hit me again on the top of my head with his wand, and the Disillusion Spell was lifted from me. It felt as if water was coming down my frame.

Now that they were all in the almost pitch black hallway of Grimmauld Place, Professor Lupin raised his wand and said "Lumos" giving light to the surrounding area. He motioned to a girl with bright purple hair and a permanent smirk on her face. 

"This is Nymphadora-" he began. 

"Don't call me Nymphadora, Remus." The girl began. "It's Tonks." 

"—Nymphadora Tonks, who prefers to be known by her surname only," he finished. 

"This is Kingsley Shacklebolt, Elphias Doge, Dedalus Diggle.." and he listed off some other people who he was sure he would forget the names of in a few moments. Then there was a shuffle and light burst into the hallway from a connecting door. It took my eyes a few moments to adjust, but by then I had been engulfed in a rib cracking hug from non other than Mrs. Weasley herself. 

"Oh Harry! It's lovely to see you!" she said in his ear. One hand on the back of his head in a loving motherly embrace that I hadn't realized I had been missing.

"Harry, you're here!" I heard a girls voice yell. But it wasn't any girl's voice, it was Hermione and when Mrs. Weasley was done hugging me, I embraced her. I had missed Hermione and her constant stream of knowledge that seemed to flow out of her mouth. Then came Ron, his grin brighter than it had been when we had left Hogwarts. I felt the dark pit in my stomach grow just a tiny bit smaller. But I was still worried. If I was truely expelled from Hogwarts, then this could be one of the few times I'd see my friends.

The night had sprung on us suddenly, and what had been the sunset twilight outside was gone. Now the warm glow of what seemed to be the kitchen grew stronger than what it had been before.  

"You're looking peaky! You need feeding up, oh those Dursleys, but you have to wait a bit for dinner, I'm afraid. . . ." Mrs. Weasley said, and then turned to the wizards behind us and then back to me.

The wizards behind us began filing past me and then towards the door through which Mrs. Weasley had just come from. I went to follow Professor Lupin, but Mrs. Weasley held me back. 

"No, Harry, the meeting's only for members of the Order. Ron and Hermione, go upstairs, you can wait until the meeting's over and then we'll have dinner." she told us. 

"What's the Order?" I asked. 

"I'll explain later dear, I'm supposed to be in the meeting." Then she gave Ron a look and left the room.

"HARRY! Oh, how are you? Are you all right? Have you been furious with us? I bet you have, I know our letters were useless — but we couldn't tell you anything, Dumbledore made us swear we wouldn't- we've got so much to tell you- and you— the dementors! That Ministry hearing — it's just outrageous, I've looked it all up, they can't expel you, there's provision in the Decree for the Restriction of Underage Sorcery for the use of magic in life-threatening situations —" Hermione rambled; just seconds after the door closed behind us.

"Let him breathe, Hermione," said Ron, grinning. He seemed to have grown even taller over the summer, and now he towered over both me and Hermione.

The warm glow that had flared inside me at the sight of my two best friends was gone as an icy flooded the pit of my stomach, replacing the darkness. The Ministry of Magic would have my head if the hearing didn't go right. But there was no time to think of that when there was a creak above my head and I looked at the staircase to my left.

It was Y/N. I had never been more awestruck in his life. Y/N's eyes bore deep into me as time seemed to almost slow down. There was emotion in her face that I couldn't quite understand. Her eyes crinkled as her face contorted into a smile, but the smile wasn't there. Not all the way. Almost as if she was about to cry. But then it burst through and she almost ran down the creaking staircase and flew towards me. I barely had enough time to open my arms before her body was flung into mine. 

"Harry!" She cried. Her arms coming around my neck. Apparently I had grown too, as now I had to look down slightly to stare at her face. Her eyes were glowing, and her cheeks were red with joy. I didn't know how to comprehend how she could be so happy. But then I did, my face was beginning to hurt from the smile that had appeared on my face since I had seen her and my mates. I couldn't get rid of it.

"I missed you so much." I whispered to her. Now realizing how moody I had become without Y/N beside me. I looked up away from her face and noticed Ron and Hermione smiling like idiots. I grinned sheepishly and rubbed the back of my neck. 

"You two be quiet." I said, and Y/Ns laugh filled the room. 

"Whipped..." said Ron under his breath, and the four of us made our way up the staircase into the rooms we would share. There was one at each end of the hall. We entered the room Ron and I would be sharing. Hermione and Y/N were at the opposite end. Ron lit one of the oil lamps and we laid on the old dusty beds that opposed one another. We could chat about the supposed "Order" later, but for now, it was time to catch up on things that weren't so serious. 

I wanted to know what they had done over the summer, what was new in the Wizarding World. And mostly, how Y/N was doing. How she was. And we did talk....for hours until Mrs. Weasley called us down for dinner. 

But in those moments.. life felt normal. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Word Count: 1375

Sorry about the delay guys! Had some school work and some family get togethers. But I'm so excited to be writing about Harry and Y/N again!