⁕ fistfight ⁕

Y/N POV

Why Malfoy was making his way over here for? I didn't know. But what I knew was that this would not end well. I sat up from Harry's embrace and tapped his arm. He made a small sound before I pointed in Dracos' direction and he saw who was coming our way. Harry's face darkened, and his lips went from a small smile to a frown before he jumped down from the branch. I followed suit, not wanting to wait for something to happen. Ron and Hermione had already noticed Malfoy coming closer, and they both had stern looks on their faces. Ron had his arms crossed and Hermione's hand had already inched closer to her wand, though I knew she wasn't afraid to throw a punch or slap him as I had. 

Of course, he had to ruin the day. Couldn't he just let people have their moments? He wore that stupid haughty expression that I could never decide if it was a smile or frown. His pale blonde hair glinted in the bright sunlight, and I stuffed my hands into my pockets to restrain myself from throwing any vulgar gestures. He stopped a few feet from us, his eyes roaming over our little setup. 

"Picnic? Now, why wasn't I invited?" He asked sarcastically. 

"Because nobody likes you," I said bluntly. 

I could see a little pain behind his eyes, but I just tilted my head, waiting for what he would say next. 

"Do you think I care what you think?" he asked back, shifting back and forth on his heels. 

"Actually, yeah I think you do. Why else would you come out here?" I answered, taking a step towards him. Harry went to grab my hand but I turned around and said, "It's okay." He nodded and let me step closer to Malfoy. Dracos' eyes never left me as he watched Harry and I's quiet interaction. 

I didn't know why I began to feel so much anger start to build up in me, but before I knew it I began to yell at him. Maybe it was because of all the times he called me or Hermione a Mudblood, or when he came close to me in Potions class, or maybe even the outrageous interaction in the halls. Why me? I always thought to myself. He could have almost any other girl in the school and yet he goes for me, a muggle-born who despises him. Nothing would change how I felt for him, and absolutely not a proclamation of love. 

"I get that you and you're family have this weird reputation to keep up, and you hate everyone around you but yourself, but god Draco, why can't you just stop being an arrogant prick for once and let people be happy! Maybe it would actually do you some good! Stop following me around. And don't deny it because I constantly see you in the halls watching me like some kind of spy! Nothing will change the fact that you mean nothing to me! I've said it before, and I'll say it again, you are nothing but a hateful-"

The next thing I knew, he had thrown me to the ground. His face was flushed red and he almost looked on the verge of tears. A small part of me felt a bit bad, I never liked hurting people's feelings, but another part of me was smut at the idea of making him feel that way. He deserved it after all the crap he had given me and everyone else at this school. Then all hell broke loose. I heard Harry yell at Draco from behind me. I stood up, not even bothering to dust off the dirt from my hands when I saw Harry going at Draco. 

Draco was throwing punches as Harry did the same while tackling him to the ground. I watched them wrestle around on the floor. Harry's nose was bleeding and I could see small bruises already forming on Dracos pale skin. My hands were bleeding from hitting the rocky ground so hard and I could feel the sting of ripped skin. Ron wasn't attempting to break up the fight, but instead just watched the two of them, occasionally stepping closer when Draco seemed to be regaining himself. 

Although I was enjoying the sight of Harry beating up Draco, I couldn't just let them fight out forever. 

"DON'T EVER LAY A HAND ON HER AGAIN." I heard Harry's voice scream as he pinned Draco to the floor. 

"Get off me Potter!" Dracos muffled cries were cut short as Harry's fists came in contact with his face. 

"Can you two please stop fighting like idiots!" I yelled out. I went to the two of them on the ground and attempted to pull them apart without getting dragged into the fight myself. Draco and Harry stopped hitting at each other at my words and I pushed them apart.

"Draco, just go away!" 

"Not until you admit that there's something there." He yelled back at me. 

"What do you mean something there?! She's with me Malfoy!" Harry yelled, looking at him angrily

"Then what do you call what happened in the hall!" He questioned, still looking at me. 

"What?" Harry said suspiciously. 

I gave out a laugh, "If you think that me talking to you is 'something' then you're sorely mistaken Draco. And Harry, you know I love you why would-" I stopped.

Harry looked at me surprised, his eyes wide behind his glasses. Draco on the other hand had just gone limp. If you can go limp standing up. Hermione and Ron were trying to look elsewhere, an awkward look plastered on both their faces, as I slapped a hand over my mouth.

This was not the romantic way I envisioned saying that. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ah yes, another cliffhanger, I love torturing you guys. This also felt like a giant fever dream. Anything, thanks again for all the reads and votes! <3 

Word Count: 1001