⁕ prefects bathroom ⁕

Harry's POV

It was less than 2 weeks till the second task of the Triwizard Tournament, and I still had no idea what the clue from the golden egg was. All it gave was a loud screech whenever it was opened. There was no text on the outside of it and I struggled to come up with ideas. It wasn't until I was talking to Y/N about the upcoming tournament when I was given a hint. Cedric Diggory walked up to me. His face showed no evidence of what he wanted to say. 

I started to walk away from him, I didn't want any more questions about the Tournament and if or if I hadn't put my name in the Goblet of Fire. But he grabbed my arm and said, "Harry. Hey, wait. How are you?"

I paused before saying, "Spectacular."

Then he came close and said, "You know the prefix bathroom on the fifth floor it's not a bad place for a bath. Just take your egg and mull things over." His eyes were wide and nodded, smiling before walking away. 

"So What did Cedric have to say." Y/N asked as she interlocked her hands with mine. 

"He said to take a bath?" I was still confused. 

She laughed, "What?" 

"Yeah I know, but I guess I better listen to him right?" 

"I suppose unless he's trying to put you off course or something." She questioned.

"He doesn't seem the type too." I said answering back. 

We walked down the castle's corridors before stopping at the front of the entrance to Ravenclaw Tower. Y/N turned around and gave me a big kiss, before saying, 

"I suggest you go take that bath then."

"Whatever you say, love." I said endearingly, leaning into her, before watching as she went up the stairs to the Ravenclaw common room. 

Then I quickly went back to Gryffindor tower, grabbing the golden egg and a robe. Then I made my way to the fifth floor where the prefect's bathroom was located. I turned the large faucet on and saw watched as the large and deep bath filled up with bubbles and warm water. I muttered to myself about how weird this was and then shed my clothing, stepping into the water. 

"I must be out of my mind." I said before grabbing the egg and opening it once more, it let out the ear-splitting shriek, and then I closed it. Still groaning from the sound. Then I heard somebody laugh. I turned and saw Moaning Myrtle. 

"Myrtle-!"

"Oh, why hello Harry. Long time no see?" She said before flying into the air, I brought some more bubbles around me, trying to hide myself. 

"I could have sworn I'd seen some more polyjuice potion earlier, not being a bad boy again are you, Harry?" 

"Polyjuice potion?" 

"I'd try putting in the water if I were you, " She replied, deflecting the question, "That's what he did, the handsome one. Cedric." She moved closer to me and I scooted to the right. Trying to move away from her. I grabbed the egg and giving her a glance, slowly put my head underwater. I opened the egg, expecting to hear the screams once more but heard singing instead. 

Come seek us where our voices sound,

We cannot sing above the ground

An hour-long you will have to look,

To recover what we took.

I came back up for breath and heard Mrytle sputtering, 

"Myrtle, there aren't merpeople in the lake?" I asked.  

"Very good, it took Cedric ages to figure it out." said laughed, "Almost all the bubbles were gone." she said, staring down at the quickly reducing bubbles I had covered the bottom half of me with. I grabbed another handful and sighed as she leaned against me. At least now I had the second clue. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Oh to be Moaning Mrytle. I'm releasing the first chapter of my new OC story called Oblivion, today! Hope you guys like it, I have a feeling it's going to be more fun writing than this story. :) 

Word Count: 671