⁕ greatest party of the decade ⁕

With our shoes hanging from our fingertips, the four of us made our way back to the Gryffindor common room where Fred and George had prepared what they liked to call, "the greatest party of the decade". I was tired and my feet dragged along the ground but I was determined to stay awake all night. When we finally made it to the Fat Lady's portrait, Fred and George were outside, watching over those who wanted to enter the common room. It seemed as if you weren't in Gryffindor, you had to pay? I was not about to pay Ron's brothers anything. As we got closer to them, I put on my best sweet smile and gave them a look. 

"Ah, not so fast Y/N." said Fred, extending an arm over the front of me. I groaned and turned to them. 

"Seriously? I'm your friend!" I said, pushing down on his arm, but he was stronger than me and George said, "Rules are the rules."

"Aren't you guys always going against the rules?" I laughed. 

"You know what, she does have a point." George said to Fred. I titled my head, smirking. 

"Alright fine, but this means we call the shots." said Fred. 

"And what does that imply?" I questioned, a bit worried. Anything Fred and George came up with was sure to be extreme. 

"You'll see." he countered. Oh, great, now I have to worry about the twins getting me into trouble. Whatever at least I didn't have to pay them. I stepped into the portrait hole and joined the party. There were way more people in the common room than it was made for and people sat on the floor laughing while music blasted through a record player. How the twins managed to play muggle music through it, I had no idea. I found the trio sitting in a corner of the room, next to a table lined with snacks. I was still hungry and snatched a few chips off the table before sitting down next to Ron. 

"So, did you two have fun at the Ball." I asked in between bites, nodding towards Hermione and Ron next to me. 

"It was good I guess," I said Ron, still upset over his robes. Parvati had been asked to dance by a Durmstrang boy and left Ron to his own devices. Hermione on the other hand seemed to have had the best night of her life. Her face brightened at the question. 

"Oh, it was wonderful. Krum is just," she paused and blushed, "a very physical being." Me and Harry glanced at each other before looking back at her. Hermione realized how she came off and her mouth went into an "o" shape. 

"That's not what I meant-" she tried to say before laughing along with us. Ron looked less than pleased to hear that and mumbled something under his breath. 

I placed a hand on Rons back and said, "It's alright Ron, you know, I had a horrible night too."  I joked, trying to lighten the mood. 

"Hey-" Harry started, but I continued, "Harry is like, horrible at dancing you know. So embarrassing."  said, faking distress. Ron chuckled and agreed, "Yeah he is."

"Wow, such slander." Harry said. 

"Don't worry, it's cute when you mess up." I said, changing spots and sitting next to him, swinging a leg up on him and leaning into his chest. Then I heard the music die down. George and Fred were standing on top of the wood table centered in the middle of the room, everybody was waiting for him to speak. 

"Hello everybody," Started Fred, "and welcome to the Weasleys Yule Ball Afterparty." they synchronized. I laughed out loud, they really needed a better name for this. 

"But we aren't here to talk, we have a special guest who is going to sing for you." declared Fred. Then the twins jumped off the table and started walking towards me. Oh no. Each of them grabbed my arms and led me back onto the table they had been previously been standing upon. I was trying to fight them off and whispered profanities to them before looking out at the crowd of kids smirking up at me. 

George shoved a microphone in my hand and asked, "So what song have you prepared for tonight?" 

"I never agreed to this." I hissed through clenched teeth. 

"Ah, but you did." Said Fred, "Remember what we said earlier, we call the shots." Bloody hell. I thought. This was not what I had expected. 

"Can't I do something else?" I questioned, anxiously trying to get off the table. It was hard enough being up there with everybody's eyes on me, but I wobbled every so often, tripping on the hem of my long gown. This was so embarrassing. 

"No. So you can either pick your song. Or we will." replied George. 

"Whatever, just put something on." I said, crossing my arms and shifting side to side. 

"Alright." Fred said, "But just know, we've done our extensive research on Muggle music." He said hastily before walking off. I tried hitting him on the head with the microphone but he moved too fast. I stood there awkwardly for another minute, waiting for whatever song to start playing. I made an annoyed expression at the trio, who were all grinning at me. Harry gave me a double thumbs up. 

Then, the track started playing. I froze, it couldn't be. I thought. NOOO. IT WAS. NOT NICKI MINAJ'S SUPER BASS. Were they trying to make me throw myself out a window? The students all had very confused expressions on their faces, as they had never heard of Nicki Minaj before but since I was muggle-born, well let's just say, I really knew this song. I took a deep breath before starting, 

"This one is for the boys with the booming system, Top-down, AC with the cooler system, When he come up in the club, he be blazin' up, Got stacks on deck like he savin' up-"

I looked around the room, everybody either had ginormous smiles or looked mildly scandalized, I continued, "He cold, he dope, he might sell Coke, He always in the air, but he never fly coach, He a motherf-" I closed my eyes, trying to shut out everything around me. Slowly I got into the song, and made hand gestures with my hands. I smiled, singing the chorus. They would never let me forget this. 

When I reopened my eyes, the room was dancing along with me. Fred and George looked pleased with themselves but I threw them a vulgar hand gesture before ending the song. When I was done, I dropped the mic and lifted my red skirt, jumping off the table. The crowd yelled and seemed happy with what had just gone down. Sitting back with the trio I said nothing. 

"What in Merlin was THAT!" exclaimed Ron. He was laughing so hard that he was doubled over, holding his stomach. 

"The start of my plot for revenge." I said evilly. Harry was also laughing but it was one of those silent laughs that you couldn't help but laugh along with. As the night went on, the twins made sure everybody was having fun and set off some new tricks they had been working on. Tiny sparks flew through the room, making a few kids duck their heads to stop from getting their hair singed. Occasionally a muggle song would play and I'd snicker at what the twins had told me earlier. They really had did their research. 

Then at around 2 am Fred and George made a gigantic circle in the middle of the room. They took an empty butterbeer bottle and said, "Who's ready for spin the bottle?" 

------------------------------------------------------

I've pushed back the *wink wink* part another chapter back because I'm mean like that. 

Word Count: 1312