⁕ platform 9 3/4 ⁕

Monday, September 1st. 

My eyes flew open. Today was the first day of school. I would finally be going back to Hogwarts. The past week felt like a blur. I had read a few of our assigned books and just as I guessed, this year would be hard. At least to me it would be. Yes, it's a Ravenclaw stereotype that we all like to read and get perfect grades, but I've always been like that. I don't want to disappoint anyone.  Not that they'd be disappointed in me anyway. 

Going through my regular morning routine I checked and double checked that I had everything with me. When I first got my Hogwarts letter, my parents thought it would be a great idea for me to get an owl. Since then I've had a grey fluffy owl named Olivia. I made sure her cage had enough food and water for the trip and moved onto my Hogwarts trunk. I counted all my books, made sure I had both sets of robes, and packed some regular clothes for Hogsmeade. 

I made my way downstairs to where my parents were waiting. My dad stood next to our fireplace with his camera. He always liked to take pictures of me and Olivia on the first day of each school year. I laughed and gave him a smile. The cameras light flashed and felt my moms arms wrap around me. 

"Be careful this year alrighty. I heard about the situation that happened at the World Cup." 

"I'll be careful Mom." I said as she patted my cheek. 

"Do you got everything?" My dad asked. 

"Pretty sure." 

"Books?"

"Check"

"Money?" 

"Check"

"Wand?"

"You know i'd never leave without it." I said as I pulled it out of my back pocket. The little spirals on the handle fitting perfectly in my hand. 

"Then I guess its time to go."

We all piled into the car and made our way to Kings Cross Station. I hummed to myself,  drumming my fingers against my thigh and bouncing my knee. As we parked, I took a deep breath. This was gonna be the best year ever. 

We walked through the station, passing platforms 1, then 3, 5, 8, and finally stopping in the middle- ish section between 9 and 10. Grabbing my parents hands, we waited for the muggles around us to walk past as we made our way through the barrier. The smoke of the Hogwarts Express filled the air and I grinned as I saw students mull around the platform, saying hi to their friends or stepping onto the train. In the distance I saw a bundle of red hair. The Weasleys, and probably Hermione and Harry too. Me and my parents walked their way until Mrs. Weasley saw us and led the group over our way. 

"Y/N! I'm so glad to see you! The whole family missed you over the summer!" Mrs. Weasley said as she gave me a great big warm hug. I loved Mrs. Weasleys hugs. 

"I missed you too, Mrs. Weasley." I looked past her shoulder and saw Fred and George. 

"Hey Fred. Hey George." I waved. 

"Hey, Y/N. We thought you'd finally left Hogwarts when you didn't come over this summer. Then Ron told us how you met up at Diagon Alley." sighed George.

"Such a pity." replied Fred. 

"You guys are such idiots, you know that." I said. 

"Takes one to know one." They said in unision. I rolled my eyes. 

As my parents talked to the Weasleys, I saw Hermione and Ginny talking. I walked over to them. 

"Hey Gin." I said to her. 

"Hey y/n!" She said back with a smile. Besides having Hermione as my best friend, I also spent a lot of time with Ginny. She was only a year younger than us but was infinitely more funny and a pleasure to hang out with. 

The whistle of the train echoed through the platform, and I said goodbye to my parents. Giving them each a kiss on the cheek, I stepped onto the train with my trunk and cage. 

"Hey y/n, come this way. I found Harry and Ron." said Hermione. 

I walked with Hermione till we met up with the boys in a private carriage. 

"Hey boys." I said with a wink. 

"Hey y/n," Ron replied with a smirk. "Hey Hermione." He said with color spreading into his face. Oh yes, there was defintely something between the two. Taking this into consideration I sat next to Harry and left the Hermione and Ron to talk between themselves. 

"Have you thought about what I said?" Asked Harry.

"What-" I said, confused.

"About trying out for the Ravenclaw quidditch team?" 

"OH. Yeah, I think I'm gonna go for it this year." 

"You should try for seeker. Cause then I'd get to see the disapointment on your face, when I beat you." He said with a big "as a matter of fact" look on his face. 

"Really? Hmm, cause I think I'm going to crush you this year." I said back. Nudging him with my shoulder. 

As Harry was about to reply when the Trolly Lady made her way down the aisle. 

"Anything from the trolly, dears?" She asked in a sweet voice. 

Then I saw a girl with the darkest shade of black hair walk up and ask, 

"Two pumpkin pasties please?" 

Ron sniggered and I looked towards him. His eyes were fixated on Harry, who was staring at this girl. I moved my eyes back and forth between the two. 

When her and the trolly lady finally left. Ron let out a hearty laugh. 

"Bloody hell, Harry- do you have a crush on Cho Chang?" 

He gave out a weak laugh before saying, "Shut up, Ron." 

Me and Hermione gave eachother a look before bursting out with laughter. 

※    ※    ※

As the ride went on, I started to feel tired. My eyes drooped and I felt myself start to lean to the left. My head hit Harrys' shoulder and I sat back up, saying sorry. 

"It's alright. You can rest your head on my shouder." 

"Thanks, Harry." I said almost inaudibly before leaning onto the side of him. I fell asleep staring at the rolling green hills outside. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WooOoooO this was a long chapter. Thanks for getting me to #66 in Yuleball. Thats incredible. Get ready for Hogwarts in the next chapter. ;)