⁕ quidditch try outs ⁕

Saturday, September 14th

It was early Saturday morning when Arabella woke me from my sleep. 

"Psst..y/n. It's time to wake up." she said looking down at me.

"Ughhh..no," I said, rolling over.

"Don't make me pour water over your face." She said, backing up.

"Why do I have to be up so early?" I asked, rubbing my face.

"Duh, you have quidditch tryouts." She said with a smile. I sprung up and said, "WHAT TIME IS IT." I could not afford to be late today. Arabella laughed.

"Don't worry, you're not late. It starts in 20 minutes." 

"20 MINUTES! Bella do you realize I have to wake up at least an hour before ANYTHING starts!"

 I threw the covers off myself and ran to my trunk. I put on simple black leggings and a fitted blue long sleeve. Taking around 10 minutes to get myself presentable, I then ran down to the quidditch pitch and stood next to the other Ravenclaw newcomers. I noticed one of the Ravenclaw first years standing with Roger Davies, our team captain. It was Tate Burton. I wondered if he would become our seeker, considering the only one who had ever been on any of the houses' teams as a first-year was Harry. And he was their seeker.  

The thought of him made me remember what had happened the previous night. When I went back to the Ravenclaw dorm rooms, I had taken out a small leatherbound notebook that I had made my diary. I wrote down the night's events and realized, that I may have formed some not very friendly feelings for him. It's funny how liking somebody you already knew could make you feel like you didn't know them. 

Quidditch tryouts for all four houses were on the same day. Standing with the other team captains was Oliver Wood. It was his last year to get Gryffindor to win the House Cup and I could already foresee the talks with Harry, Fred, and George about how he was a madman. 

"Probably trying to drown himself in the showers." They had joked after Harry nearly killed himself during one of their games. 

"Alright everybody lets grab a broomstick, tryouts will commence in 5 minutes!" yelled Wood. I could also see Marcus Flint standing with the other Slytherin team members, I just knew from the look on his face that he'd make tryouts a living hell for everybody. I went to the row of broomsticks on the ground and picked up one that didn't seem to have any defects. Walking to the back of the crowd, I looked up at the sounds to search for Hermione and Ron who said they'd come to watch. 

It appeared as if more students besides the two had the urge to watch tryouts. I saw Luna Lovegood, Neville Longbottom, and some of the Slytherin kids. Who was obviously there to make fun of anybody they could. 

Oh crap. I thought. I had forgotten that Draco Malfoy was on the Slytherin team. I bit my lip, I really didn't want to make a fool of myself in front of him, even more, lose my temper if he started anything. Then the captains separated us by the house and we started. Each house would rotate between each position but seeker. The captains would keep their eye out for potential players though. For the first drill, Hufflepuff was made keeper, Slytherin, and Gryffindor as beaters, and Ravenclaw as chasers. 

We went through the drills with no problems from anybody. It was surprisingly easy being the catcher, although it only became difficult when the Slytherin team hit the bludgers directly at your face. I had to dive towards the ground multiple times because of them and could only assume it was Draco trying to get back at me. Then we rotated. Hufflepuff and Gryffindor as chasers, Slytherin as keepers, and Ravenclaw as beaters. I was especially excited about this and felt even more comfortable in this position than the one before. I had only one job, and it was to protect my teammates from the bludgers and send them to the other team. 

I was getting the hang of being a beater and felt all the eyes from the stadium on me. I laughed, maybe I was cut out for Quidditch. I flew around the pitch hitting the bludgers back and forth. I saw the twins and they gave each other fist bumps. They probably had some kind of bet on me. It felt like only minutes before we changed rotations and I became the keeper. This time I was determined to stay on my broom. I saved a few points, but I didn't feel the same as when I was a beater. 

Tryouts ended as fast as they started and we were told that the team list would be announced in a few days. I was sweating and the cool air from the north made me sigh. I closed my eyes for a moment before I was wrapped in a hug from Hermione. 

"Merlin's beard y/n! I don't know much about quidditch but you did amazing!" She complimented me/ 

"Really?!" I laughed out loud. 

"That was brilliant!" I heard Harry say. My face went red as he put his arm over my shoulder. 

"Thanks, Harry." I said. 

"Now why don't we go eat some breakfast." Said Ron. His eyes going back and forth between the two of us. Oh, he was definitely gonna ask me about this later. 

----------------------------------------------------------------

Kind of a short chapter but I thought it would be cool to have a chapter that wasn't somber. I'm gonna start writing some POVs from different characters. Tehe. <3