⁕ the midnight stroll ⁕

Y/N POV

My days went as scheduled. Mornings comprised many kisses on the cheek from Harry during breakfast. Afternoons were an abundance of kisses from Harry in the hallways between classes. And the evenings... well, as you've already guessed, were filled with lots of passionate kisses from Harry by the fireplace. 

It's not like I opposed to them, I couldn't get enough- but my lips were getting considerably chapped.  It was now at the end of the Easter holiday and a package from Percy and Mrs. Weasley had been sent to us. Hedwig swooped in from an open window in the Gryffindor Common Room and dropped a small parcel with a letter with it. She gave a happy hoot before flying back out the window. 

Ron snatched the letter as Harry exclaimed, "Don't you want to see what Percy's written?" 

The letter was short and irritated. 

As I am constantly telling the  Daily Prophet, Mr. Crouch is taking a well-deserved break. He is sending in regular owls with instructions. No, I haven't actually seen him, but I think I can be trusted to know my own superior's handwriting. I have quite enough to do at the moment without trying to quash these ridiculous rumors. Please don't bother me again unless it's something important. Happy Easter.

"Well-" I started, "that was not quite helpful." I finished with a half-hearted smile. 

Ron mumbled something under his breath and I was certain I heard Percy's name. I tried to think about something besides Percy's unhelpful letter and was reminded that Quidditch practices would start soon. The start of the summer term would normally have meant that we would be training hard for the last Quidditch match of the season. But because of the Triwizard Tournament, our season would be shorter and in the spring through the beginning of summer. Just enough time to finish right before the final task of the tournament. 

It was a shame that Harry wouldn't be able to play this year, but I looked forward to next year when we could compete against each other. 

This particular afternoon Professor McGonagall had pulled Harry aside after Transfigurating. She had told him, "You are to go down to the Quidditch field tonight at nine o'clock, Potter. Mr. Bagman will be there to tell the champions about the third and final task." 

It was now 8 pm and the four of us sat near the warm fireplace, awaiting news of what the task would be. 

Harry turned to me, "Y/N. Do you want to come down to the pitch with me?" he asked. 

"Yeah of course I'll go." I replied. So at half-past eight, Harry and I left Hermione and Ron in Gryffindor Tower and went downstairs. As we crossed the entrance hall, Cedric Diggory came up from the Hufflepuff common room. 

I gave him a small smile before he faced Harry and asked, "What'd you reckon it's going to be? Fleur keeps on going on about underground tunnels; she reckons we've got to find treasure." 

"That wouldn't be too bad." Harry said as we walked down the dark lawn to the Quidditch stadium. I gave Harry a small peck before sitting down on a small bench outside the entrance of the field. 

Harry's POV

The Quidditch field was no longer smooth and flat. It looked as if somebody had built low walls all over that twisted and crisscrossed into every direction. 

"They're hedges!" I said out loud. Looking down at the one closest to me. 

"Hello there!" I heard a cheery voice call out.