⁕ going home ⁕

Harry's POV:

My trunk was packed, and Hedwig was back in her cage on top of it. Ron, Hermione, Y/N, and I were waiting in the crowded entrance hall with the rest of the fourth years for the carriages that would take them back to the Hogsmeade station. It was another beautiful summer day, but the golden sunlight that filtered through every window seemed dull and tarnished. I supposed that Privet Drive would be hot and leafy, the flower beats colorful. That thought gave me no pleasure at all. And there was no chance I could stay with anyone besides them. 

"'Arry!" 

I looked around and saw Fleur Delacour hurrying up the stone steps into the castle. Beyond her was the Beauxabaton carriage, about to take off. 

"We will see each uzzer again, I 'ope." said Fleur as she reached me, holding out her hand. "I am 'oping to get a job 'ere, to improve my English." 

"It's very good already." said Ron in a strangled voice next to me. Fleur smiled at him and Hermione scowled. 

"Goodbye, 'Arry," said Fleur, turning to go, "it 'az been a pleasure meeting you!" 

My spirits couldn't help but lift slightly as I watched Fleur hurry back across the lawns to Madame Mazime, her silvery hair ripping in the sunlight. I turned to face Y/N. Her eyes were narrowed and her lips were pursed. 

"What?" I asked, already knowing why the sour look was on her face.

She whipped her head towards me, shaking the face off and said, "Nothing." 

I just smiled and went back to watching the carriages that wer now trundling towards them up the drive.

FLASHBACK

"Harry, are you all right? I knew it- I knew something like - what happened?"

His hands shook as he helped me into a chair in front of the desk. 

"What happened?" He asked more urgently. 

Dumbledore began to tell Sirius everything Barty Crouch had said. I was only half listening. So tired every bone in my body was aching and tired. I wanted nothing more than to fall asleep and not wake up for a few months. There was a soft rush of wings and Fakwkes the Phoenix landed on my knee. 

"Hello Fawkes," I said quietly and stroked the phoenix's beautiful scarlet and gold plumage. Fawkes blinked peacefully up at me. There was something comforting about his warm weight. 

Dumbledore stopped talking and sat down opposite of me, behind his deask. He was looking at me and I avoided is eyes, staring at anythign else but those piercing orbs. I knew what he was going to ask, he was going to make me relive everything. 

"I need to know what happened after you touched the Portkey in the maze, Harry." said Dumbledore. 

"We can leave that till morning, can't we Dumbledore?" said Sirius harshly, "Let him rest." 

I felt a rush of gratitude towards my godfather, but Dumbledore took no notice of his words. He learned forward and said again "I need to know what happened in the maze, Harry. Numbing the pain for a while will make it wrse when you finally feel it. You have shown bravery beyond anything could have expcted of you."

I took a few deep breaths and began to tell him. As I spoke, visions of everything that has passed seemed to rise before me. I saw the cauldron that had brought back Voldemort, I saw Death Eaters with their silver masks that glowed in the pale moonlight. Shining like sharpened knives. I saw Cedrics body lying on the ground beside the cup. Once or twice, Sirus made a noise as if he was going to say something, but Dumbledore would raise his hand and shush him. 

When I reached the part when my arm had been cut, Sirius made a cry out loud and stood up so quickly that I started. Dumbledore walked around the desk and told me to stretch out my arm. I ddi so and shown them the place where my robes were torn and cut. 

"He said my blood would make him stronger than if he used someone else's. He said the protection my mother left in me, he'd have it too. ANd he was right, he could touch me without hurting himself. He touched my face."

"Very well, comtinue Harry, please." 

I went on and when I reached the part wehre the golden beam of light had connceted mine and Voldemort's wantds together, I found my throat closing up. I was glad Sirius broke the silence. 

"The wands connected?" he asked, looking rom me to Dumbledore, "Why?" 

I looked up at Dumbledore again and he muttered, "Priori Incantatem."

"The Reverse Spell effect." said Sirius sharply.

"Exactly. Harry's wand and Voldemorts wand share cores. Each of them contains a feathr from the tail of the same phoenix. This phoenix in fact." He pointed. 

"My wand's feather came from Fawkes?" I said. 

"Yes. Mr. Ollivander write to tell me you had bought the second wand, the moment you left his shop four years ago."

There was more talk of the night, but I was exhausted and apparently it showed. Dumbledore let me and Sirius leave to the Hospital Wing. When Dumbledore opened the door, I saw Mrs. Weasley, Bill, Ron, and Hermione grouped around a harassed looking Madame Pomfrey. 

"Harry! Oh Harry!" shouted Mrs. Weasley before letting out a muffled scream when she saw Sirius who was now a black shaggy dog. 

"Molly, please listen to me for a moment. Harry has been through a terrible ordeal tonight. What he needs now is sleep, and peace, and quiet. If he would dlike you all to stay with him."

Mrs. Weasley nodded and turned to Hermione and Bill and Ron as though they were noisy and hissed at them the same things. 

I felt an inexpressible sort of gratitude to Dumbledore for asking Dumbledore not to mention anything. After expressing the need for the dog, Dumbledore and the rest of them left. I took off my robes as soon as they left and setting into pajamas and got into bed. I could wait until the rest of the morning for them. 

There was something else, but I couldn't remember. Somewhere? No. Something? No. Yes, somebody. I needed to talk to Y/N. My body was stiff as I tried to push myself back up but Madame Pomfrey bustled back into the room with a small bottle of some purple potion and a goblet.

"You'll need to drink all of this Harry. It's a potion for dreamless sleep." 

I tried to explain but she simply shook her head and gave me the goblet. I drank a few mouthfuls and felt myself become drowsy at once. Everything around me became hazy and the lamps seemed to be winking at me. Before I could finish the potion, my exhaustion carried me off to sleep. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Word Count: 1140