⁕ hogsmeade ⁕

Y/N POV

Each minute that I spent with Harry felt like pure bliss. As the fall days got colder, his hugs grew warmer. Like he was a fire that kept me from freezing over. Most evenings I went to the common room to hang out with the trio. We discussed the tournament and what we expected the first task to be. Hermione eventually came with the idea that it was dragons. She explained to us that as she was walking to class, she saw a burst of fire erupt from the trees. When she ran to Hagrid's hut to ask if he was okay, he was nervously trying to cover up the scene. 

"Brilliant job, Hermione." Harry had exclaimed. This gave him an edge during the competition, it was unlikely that the other champions knew about the dragons. But here came the hard part. What kind of task included a dragon? 

"Do you suppose it could be taming, the dragon?" I asked. The thought itself was horrifying. Harry. Taming a dragon. There couldn't possibly be an outcome where he didn't get himself hurt. 

"I don't know y/n, but Harry needs to be prepared for anything. I suggest we start reading a bit more into-"

"Bloody hell, Hermione. Harry's going to be fighting a dragon, not giving it a lecture!" Ron exclaimed. In the past week or two, he and Harry had made up. Ron still seemed a bit touchy about the subject but he wasn't opposed to helping Harry out. They were still best friends after all. Harry and I  left Ron and Hermione to silently argue among themselves, and I lied my head in his lap, letting him play with my hair. 

"Y/N?" He asked. 

"Mhmm?" 

"Do you want to come to Hogsmeade this weekend with me? Just the two of us?" He said sheepishly. 

"What kind of question is that. Of course, I do." I said, sitting up and giving him a peck on the lips. Hermione sighed and ended her conversation with Ron. 

I let my mind wander away to other subjects besides the tournament. I still needed to find a way to get Neville and Arabella together. The herbology plan still hadn't gone through and I was searching for another way to get them to officially meet. I had informed Makayla about this plan and she said the Slytherin fourth years had History of Magic with Hufflepuffs. She would put in a good word towards Arabella this week. Then I thought about my date with Harry. I had never been on a date before. The thought of it made me a bit queasy but I shoved that feeling down when I told myself it would be just like any other time I had spent alone with Harry. 

※※※

It was finally Saturday, and I stared at myself in the mirror. I wore a cream sweater with blue jeans and some boots. My hair was left down, slightly wavy after putting it in a braid during the night. I had restlessly tossed and turned, unable to sleep until I had just decided to read. That easily made me fall asleep but then came along another problem. I looked like hell. There were bags under my eyes and you could just tell I hadn't gotten enough sleep. When I complained to Arabella she just shushed me and said, 

"Y/N, if you complain one more time about your face, I will scream! You're beautiful." She groaned, throwing her pillow at me. 

"Hey-" I yelled before throwing it back. I rushed down the staircase of Ravenclaw tower and saw Harry leaning against the wall, looking outside. When he heard the door close behind me, he turned and smiled. I loved his smile. 

"Ready to go?" He asked, holding my hand. 

"Yup." I said. For someone who had been dating him for the past three weeks, I still couldn't get over that nervousness whenever I was around. We walked up to the third-floor corridor and sneakily moved our way to the statue of the one-eyed witch. I stood watch as Harry tapped the top of the statue with his wand and said, 

"Dissendium." A trapdoor in the floor appeared and he lifted it, saying, "After you." 

"Such a gentleman." I snickered, jumping into the cellar. We walked for about half an hour before hearing any sort of noise. We talked about our classes and things other than dark forces or the tournament. Those were the last things we wanted to think about at the moment. Then when we arrived under Honeydukes, we waited a minute or so before pushing open the trapdoor and stepping into the store. The smell of chocolate and butterscotch wafted into the room and we hurried out the backdoor. Then walked back in through the front. We couldn't resist buying a few treats from Honeydukes. We sat down under a giant oak tree and stared at the town. 

It was right out of a fairytale, with its cottage-style homes and brick stores. The chimneys stretching up into the sky. We had gotten Bertie Bott's Every Flavor Beans (which caused me to laugh so hard I'd lose my breath whenever Harry got an unwanted flavor), chocolate frogs, pink coconut ice, and pumpkin pasties. Which made me remember that interaction with Cho and Harry on the train during the ride to Hogwarts. 

"One pumpkin pasty." I mimicked. Earning a nudge in the side. 

"Hey, did you actual have a crush on Cho?" I asked. 

"Yeah for a bit, but she and Cedric are together. And you are so much more than Cho, in every way." He said looking at the orange and red leaves falling from the surrounding trees. 

"You're such a flirt." I said embarrassed. Nobody had ever said those kinds of words to me before and I blushed at them. 

"But it's true." He said, turning my face to look at him. We kissed and I smiled against his lips. This was truly the best day I had ever had in my life. We slowly walked back over to Honeydukes and used an alohomora charm on the back door, sneaking back to Hogwarts the way we had come here. 

It was already mid-afternoon, around 4 o'clock and we walked around the castle, searching for Hermione and Ron. For some reason the thought stopped me right in my tracks and I let out a gasp. 

"Harry, I totally forgot to tell you but I think we should try to get Ron and Hermione together." I suggested, putting my hands on my hips. 

"I can kind of see it, you know if you took away the constant bickering." He said sassily. 

"Well, I can kind of see it, opposites attract." I said with a matter of fact tone. 

"Opposites attract? Well, we certainly aren't opposites." He said, kicking a pebble in front of him over and over as we walked. 

"I guess your right, I mean you're much more adventurous than me." I said. Trying to think of a comparison between us. 

"Yeah but only because I'm always at the center of an evil plot." He said jokingly. 

"You're first year wasn't that bad? Was it?" It wasn't like second year when the Chamber of Secrets had been opened, or third year when dementors had overtaken the school. 

"Yeah, I mean Quirrell was a great teacher. There was just that minor drawback of him having Lord Voldemort sticking out of the back of his head." 

"Oh yeah, I forgot about that." I said sarcastically. We laughed and then gave up looking for Hermione and Ron. They were probably in the common room anyway. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Today was a pretty good day. I had fun writing the end of this chapter, I really wanted to make Harry a bit sassier. I might not update this weekend sorries. <3

Word Count: 1310