⁕ the first task ⁕

I can't wait to continue writing this story, I had like no motivation for a few days. <3

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The day finally came. It was the first task of the Triwizard Tournament. For the past few days, the four of us had stayed up late into the night trying to prepare Harry for any possible situation. Hermione checked out about a million books on Dragons, and Ron and me? Well, we were there for moral support. One night, as we were discussing different tactics, we heard a cough come from the fireplace. We shushed ourselves and slowly moved towards the already dying embers. 

Luckily for us, we were alone because Sirius Black's face was in the fireplace. 

"Harry, I don't have much time. Come close." I stood back with Hermione. Letting Harry talk to Sirius. I looked at Ron and he shrugged his shoulders, we had no clue why he was here.

"Did you put your name in the Goblet of Fire?" He asked with urgency in his voice.

"No." Harry said, you could hear the agitation in his voice, this was probably the 500th hundredth time he had been asked that question. 

"Sorry. I had to ask. Hogwarts isn't safe anymore. The devils are inside the walls. Karkaroff- he was a Death Eater. 

"So somebody put my name in the Goblet?" 

"I don't know who put your name in that Goblet, but they are no friend to you. Keep your friends close Harry." 

We heard footsteps behind us and Sirus disappeared. We turned around, hiding the fireplace, but it was just another Gryffindor student. We all let out a sigh of relief and they gave us a confused look before leaving the room. 

"Well, we can scratch Mad-Eye off the list of suspects." I said with relief. 

"Yeah, but now we have to deal with Kararoff," said Ron. No doubt he would try and rig the tournament to try and harm Harry. Voldemort had to be the source of this. 

"It's late, and the tournament is tomorrow. Harry needs to sleep." said Hermione. I agreed. We all said our goodbyes and me and Harry shared an embrace. I kissed his cheek and said, 

"Don't worry, you'll do great." I said with a small smirk. 

"I am the chosen one, remember?" He said with a smirk. 

"Don't get too cocky." I chucked, before leaving the common room. The walk back to Ravenclaw tower seemed endless and I hugged myself with my arms. I prayed that Harry wouldn't be harmed too badly, if dragons were the first task, then the next two would be even more dangerous. 

※※※

Harry's POV

I awoke nauseous and anxiety-ridden. All the information Hermione had made me remember about Dragons seemed to leave my brain. A uniform had been placed next to my four-poster and I slowly pulled it over my head. I stared down at the red and black pattern with the Hogwarts patch over on the left of my chest. The entirety of the school would be watching the tournament and I groaned. 

A giant arena had been constructed over the past three days and I walked with the other three champions to the giant tent where we would be given instructions. There was a table laden with breakfast treats and I grabbed an apple, too worried to eat anything else. I could hear the cheers coming from outside the tent and nervously rubbed my hand up and down my thigh. Then I heard a noise coming from the right side of the tent. A hand popped out from the opening flap and I saw a shadow. I walked close to it heard a girl'ss voice. It was Y/N.