⁕ ruby ⁕

I almost fell over onto my bed with laughter as I watched Arabella try to wiggle her way into the strapless navy blue dress she had bought for the Yule Ball. It was almost 6 o'clock, and I was in the Ravenclaw dormitories, finishing up my hair and makeup. 

"Y/N?" She asked, breathless. 

"Yes?" I said, biting my cheek. 

"I think I need your help." She said, giving up. 

"Think? Don't worry, I'll make sure, it fits. Even if you can't breathe." 

"Oh, that's comforting-" She squeezed out before I grabbed the strings attached to the back of her dress and pulled. She gasped, and I told her to suck it in before pulling again. When she managed to finally fit in the dress, I took a step back and smiled. Arabella was truly beautiful. Her blonde hair had been straightened and fell to the middle of her back, and her face was already tinted pink without any cosmetics. 

"Bella, how are you so pretty?" I asked before feigning to pass out. She slapped my arm before commenting on my appearance. 

"Look at you y/n! You're the gorgeous one, and most importantly," she came close grabbing my arms, "you have an actual personality." I laughed out loud at the last statement and looked at myself in the mirror. I wore a deep ruby red floor-length dress with little off the shoulder straps, the dress was form-fitting enough that the shape of my body was noticeable, but the bottom half flowed out. Its satin fabric was soft against my fingertips and as I smiled.  I took a little black box off the nightstand next to my bed and took out two three-stone diamond earrings my mother had gifted me for my birthday a few years back. They were perfect with my dress and I mentally thanked her. 

When Arabella finally finished with the vanity, I sat down and applied some blush and mascara to my face. I didn't really like makeup that much, but it felt nice to put some on tonight. I mean, it was a very special occasion. Finally applying a light shade of red to my lips, I turned back around and asked my best friend, "How do I look?"

"If I was Harry," She moaned, "I wouldn't know how to act." 

"You're such a tease!" I said, grabbing one of my heels off the floor and throwing it at her, purposely missing. 

※※※

Harry's POV

Harry had just walked into the room when Ron yelled, "What are those!" 

He looked around for a second, before answering, "My dress robes?" He stared at Ron who was wearing the old ones his mum had sent them. 

"Yeah but they're alright!" Ron groaned, staring at him, "They're alright... no lace, no collar." He said, touching the said parts of his robe with anguish. 

"Well- well I suspect yours are more traditional." He tried reasoning with him.

"Tradicional!" Ron spun around, facing the mirror, "They're ancient!" Harry made a face before coming up behind Ron. 

"Murder me, Harry."

"Okay." He said, looking at Ron and giving a semi encouraging smile. He let his mind wander while he waited for Ron to finish getting ready. He couldn't wait to see Y/N. She would be stunning as always, he thought, smiling. Ron had a date with Padma, one of the Patil twins. He sat on his four-poster for a few more minutes until Ron sighed and turned back around. 

"Ready?" He asked. 

"Yeah..." Ron mumbled, still fiddling with his collar before they walked their way out of the common room dorms and towards the Great Hall. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry for such a short chapter, I still wanted to release something today. I'm more excited to start writing the full Yule Ball chapter. <3

Word Count: 625