⁕ truth be told ⁕

Y/N's POV

My breathing had calmed after a hour or so, but I lay splayed on the ground. Dreading any movement I'd have to make, because of the excruciating pain that came along with it. My arm was broken, that was for sure and my eyes were closed. I was afraid of looking at it; afraid of seeing the twisted angle it was most likely bent at. 

Flashes of the past flooded my mind, and I felt a surge of nausea course through me as I remember that early lesson we had been taught about the unforgivable curses. Had that been the real Moody? Or Barty Crouch Jr? There were too many unanswered questions, so I steeled myself to face the real Professor. I gingerly touched my broken arm with my right hand and lifted it centimeter by centimeter. I tried to breath in and out of my nose and eventually got into a sitting position against the wall behind me. I laid my arm in my lap and let out a sigh. 

Moody was still asleep. Most likely under the influence of a potion or spell. But I reached out a leg and nudged him with my foot. He twitched and I kicked harder, retracting my leg fast so that he couldn't grab me if he awoke suddenly. I did it a third time before he suddenly took a fast intake of breath and awoke with a start. I grimaced as his face turned towards me. Where his fake eye was supposed to be, was a gaping hole. I couldn't see anything but scar tissue and blackness and I felt my stomach twist at the sight. 

He reached out to me and I backed up even farther into the wall, if that was possible. He saw my hestitation and stopped, but there was a crazy glint in his eye and he stared back up at the ceiling where I had dropped from. His hair was cut at uneven angles and his clothes were dirty and rumpled. He pointed and said, "Did you see him? What's happened?" What day is it?" 

I opened my mouth to answer but nothing came out. How long had he been in here to forget the date?

"It's the day of the final task." I said, assuming he knew about the Triwizard Tournament. He cursed under his breath and stood up, looking for a way out. 

"Is there a way out of here?" I asked. Knowing there wasn't.

"No. But I always check. Just in case he's forgotten to lock it." He replied gruffly. He pressed the walls and I stared at him. This wasn't getting us anywhere. 

I decided to ask some questions of my own, "How did you get here? I mean.. like what happened?" Professor Moody stopped tapping at the walls and turned to me. He muttered something before sitting down.

"I was assigned to be the new Defense Against the Dark Arts Professor. You know that, but then I was ambushed, I let my guard down and then-"

"Barty Crouch Jr. threw you down here." I finished. He nodded, and I continued, "So he escaped Azkaban and then came here to..?"

"Potter... Crouch, he entered his name into the Goblet of Fire." 

"Yeah and now it's the final task...." my words trailed off and I looked up at the ceiling. Crouch Jr was a Death Eater, and he had a motive. Something bad was happening, I could tell, and my heart began to race. We had to find a way out of here, or Merlin help us. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Word Count: 612

It's the way I didn't update in about a month and then I release this sh*t chapter. 😀 Anyway, I will try harder from now on. I literally went through some STUFF this whole month. See ya soon.