⁕ a letter to harry ⁕

Y/N's POV

※※※

Dear Harry, 

By now, I assume you know of Mr. Weasley and Dumbledore's plan to stop your expulsion. I wish I could tell you everything in this letter, but I can't. Remember not to leave the Dursleys. I know it will be hard, but there are worse things that could happen outside of their doorway, trust me. 

I have no clue how their plan of theirs is going to work. Speaking of that, I have no clue what their plan even is. The Ministry of Magic is fast, but I'm sure Dumbledore will be faster. Ron and Hermione are here with me as I write this letter, and we're all wondering the same thing. What happened? I know you'd never use magic for some random reason. Did the Dursleys do something? Was is something to do with You-Know-Who? I have no clue if you are alright, but Arthur didn't seem too panicked when he left. 

We expect to see you here in a few hours. Then we can catch you up on everything that has happened. If you get this letter before whoever comes to find you, pack your bags. Pack everything. I expect you'll be staying here until school starts up. And don't worry. I'll make sure you come back to Hogwarts. I'll do whatever it takes to see you again. 

Love, Y/N

※※※

I sealed the letter with a wax melt and gave it to a postage owl that was designated for the Order. If there was truely nothing that I could do, then I would write. Journaling always helped. I could hear Hermione and Ron's muffled whispers from outside the door. I was sitting in one of the spare rooms in Grimmauld Place. 

The walls were a dark mahagony wood and the carpets were worn down and almost molding. The what was once sage green detailing on them was now dark and dirty. Hermione and I shared the room and my twin sized bed on the left side of the room was cozy. If you counted the threadbare sheets and stained mattress as cozy. Nevertheless, it helped that there was a fire in the corner side of the room. But as for light, it came from the fireplace or the tiny lamp on each side of the room. The circular window that faced outside, faced a brick wall that cut out any light that could come into the room. 

The desk I sat at was a lighter shade of wood than the rest of the room, and it was by far my favorite place in the whole apartment. It was old like the rest of the place, yes, but there was character to it. When I wrote on it, everything seemed to burst out of me. Anger, and sadness... mostly. But it was theraputic for the most part. Except when someone interrupted me and I felt some type of annoyance bubble up inside me. Journaling was just between me, myself, and I. And I couldn't do it with anybody else in the room. Call me weird. 

This evening, I lit a candle and set it next to me. It was later than when I usually journaled and there wasn't a fire yet. I was too lazy to grab my wand that was on the nightstand, and did it the old fashioned way. A match. It felt nostalgic even. Not using magic. 

Picking up a fountain pen from my school bags (feathers were too often broken during these moments), I wrote until my hand was beginning to cramp up. I had written a few pieces of paper, both the front and back, some of them unlegible unless you were me. The broken clock couldn't help me tell the time. But there was even less light in the room than before and Hermione and Ron's whispers were gone now. It must have been at least an hour, maybe longer. Ink stained my hands. I went to rub my eye and decided not too.

Then, I heard the rush of footsteps down the stairs, and the door opened. And out of Hermione's mouth were the best words I had heard in a while. 

"Harry! You're here!"

※※※

Harry's POV

Sitting at the Dursley dinner table was never a fun occurance. But even now, it was worse. And Vernon was still barking his head off. 

"I want the truth about what happened tonight!" he barked. 

I took a deep breath and began to unleash the nights events on them.

"I did the Patronus Charm to get rid of the dementors. It's the only thing that works aginst them. And no, I have no idea how these things got to Little Surrey. I couldn't tell you."

"It's you. It's got to do with you. Something is ALWAYS up with you." Guess they aren't as stupid as I thought, said my inner monologue. 

"Yes. He must have sent them here." I hinted. Almost toying with them. I almost laughted. Never did I think I'd be discussing these things with the Dursleys. Dudley was still pale faced and sitting with his face planted on the table. Aunt Petunia was placing a cold cloth on his neck and staring at me with the upmost disgust. 

"What's that? Who sent them?" asked Uncle Vernon.

"Lord Voldemort." I said blankly. 

"Lord - hang on. Yes I've heard that name before." 

"Murdered my parents, yes." I said blankly, again. 

"But he's gone. That giant bloke said so." Uncle Vernon said. 

"He's back." I said with a sigh. 

"I see." he said, looking even whiter than Dudley. 

"Well, then. OUT!" He yelled.

"What?" I said. 

"You heard me- OUT OF THIS HOUSE!" He bellowed. 

"No!" I said. I couldn't- but then there was an eerie silence. And then the sound of a doorknob rattling. We both turned our faces towards the front door, and then there was a click. I slowly moved my hand to my pocket of my jeans. The door opened and my hand instinctively gripped the wand tighter, but then I heard the voice. 

"It's all right Harry. We've come to take you away." 

"Professor Lupin?" I asked.

A wand illuminated the darkened hallway and I saw people crowded the doorway. 

"Wotcher, Harry!"

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Word Count: 1034