⁕ bliss ⁕

The twins carried Harry up to the Gryffindor common room, other Gryffindors and myself following behind the three. Harry held the golden egg in his arms and I smiled, looking at the grin spread across his face. Even though the first task had almost given everybody anxiety attacks, we were looking forward to the next one. It was a love-hate relationship; I thought. Besides the fact that people could die in the Triwizard Tournament, it was exciting to have something other than school happening at the moment. I locked arms with Hermione and we laughed as other chanted Harry's name. 

Seamus yelled, "Come on Harry, why don't ya open it!" Every cheering in agreement. 

"Should I open it?" He asked from atop Fred and George's shoulder. We yelled yes! 

"You really want me to open it?" He yelled again. 

"Come on! Do it already!" I yelled at him. He laughed and then twisted the star-shaped nob at the top. As soon as the egg opened, a great ugly shriek came out of it. I held my hands over my ears and the twins dropped Harry to the ground. He quickly shut it and the noise disappeared. We had all stopped cheering and I heard Ron say, "Bloody hell." Harry set the egg down on the table in the center of the common room and let the others circle around it. Searching for anything that might be a clue to what was inside of it. 

Harry walked over to me. I couldn't help but admire how cute he looked in the tournament's given uniform and as he came to give me a hug, I wrapped my arms around his neck, savoring the feeling of his arms around me. I hadn't physically been able to be near him since the tent incident with Rita Skeeter. How I hated her, she was so nosey, and a liar. 

"So, the famous Harry Potter, escapes death again." I jokingly said.

"Only with a few scratches this time." He said back with the same news reporter tone. 

I traced a finger over the cut on the right side of his face then whispered, 

"I really like how these look on you." 

"Maybe I should fight dragons more often." He retorted. An ugly laugh came out of me and he gave me a little kiss before taking my hand and leading me to the couch on the side of the room. I could tell he was tired but he stayed awake with everybody else. I laid sideways and put my head on his shoulder while my legs took up the rest of the couch. He fiddled with my hand and I could also slowly feel myself start to fall asleep. But I restrained myself and kept my eyes open. I could see Ron and Hermione talking with each other, Hermione was pointing to the egg and Ron had his hands behind his head, nodding at everything she said. 

Everybody who wasn't a Gryffindor slowly started trickling out of the room. Leaving only me with the lot of them. Then I felt Harry stir and slowly sat up, trying to shake my left arm that had fallen asleep. He looked over at me and then took my hand, nodding to the stairs. The rest of the student mulling around the common room paid us no attention as we walked up the staircase to the boy's dormitory. I looked around the room, familiar with it. I had been up here before with Ron, Harry, and Hermione, but it was under different circumstances this time. 

Hedwig was perched on the windowsill next to Harry's bed and I went over to her, petting her snowy white feathers. I hadn't seen Olivia for a while but I didn't worry. She was a free-spirited bird, but she always came back to me. I turned to say something to Harry but I didn't get the chance because the sentence left my mouth as I saw him changing. While I was petting Hedwig he must have changed his bottoms, because instead of the tournaments black pants, they were a blue flannel print. He was shirtless though and I had to close my mouth and turn around to keep from staring. 

The sight was still burned into my eyes though. He was skinny, but I could see the small lines of his toned stomach, and the v-line just above the waistband of his pants. After another minute, I turned back around, he had a shirt on now and I allowed myself to turn back to face him. It's not like I'd never seen someone without a shirt, but Harry doing absolutely anything made me giddy. 

Harry spoke, "Y/N?" 

"Mhm?" I said looking up. 

"Here." He said with a smile, his hand outstretched to me. It was one of his shirts. 

"Really? For me." I said, sticking my bottom lip out. 

"No it's for Ron, could you give it to him?" He said sarcastically. 

"Don't be such a smartass." I said, grabbing it. This time he turned around and I slipped it on over my head. Folding my itchy sweater on a stool. I turned back around and said, 

"You're good." The grey-blue shirt was big on me and he picked me up before laying me down on his bed. It was late and as soon as I hit the mattress I could feel my eyes starting to close. He put his head in between my shoulder and head and kissed my neck, his hands wrapped around my waist. I smiled, feeling warm inside. I sighed, and intertwined my legs with his, feeling him completely pressed up behind me. Then I fell asleep, my brain empty, but blissfully calm. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm debating starting a new story, should I wait to finish this story or would you start reading it now? Let me now <3 

Word Count: 979