⁕ the start ⁕

I'm typing this on my phone. Sorry I haven't been posting. It's been A MONTH. I started a small business, I'm doing AP testing, and taking a college course on the side so let's say I've been busy. Oh yeah and I finished my spring musical this past week. So now I have free time to write :)

•••

With a sharp pop and a flash of light, Cedric appeared to my left. Along with Professor McGonagall, Professor Dumbledore, and the Madame Maxine and the headmaster of Durmstrang. Both the Death Eaters wands and the schools teachers were drawn and pointing at eachother. I held my breath waiting for the first spell to escape someone's lips.

Nagini was now circling her masters feet, hissing at the opposing side. Voldemort said nothing, but his face showed a hint of amusement. Why? I didn't know. The odds were against us, but still. We had come to fight, and he hadn't known.  I opened my eyes wide and screamed in my head, as if my mental thoughts would somehow alert the professors of my presence. Although, Cedric had probably told them of my situation. Professor McGonagalls eyes met my own and I saw a flash of worry appear on her face before she steeled it back to nothing and faced Voldemort.

"Ah.. so we meet again, Albus." Voldemort said in a deathly quiet voice.

"Let the boy go Tom." Dumbledore replied in the same tone, "This is not the time for a fight."

"But my most loyal servants have returned to me. Crabbe, Goyle, Nott..." he listed off names one by one, "They have come to help me return to the wizarding world. It's been far too long... and yes, I agree. This is most certainly not the time for a fight, but.. I do have to wonder, if it is not... then why are your wands drawn?"

"I should ask the same question to you." Replied Dumbledore.

Voldemort raised a hand and made a downward motion, and his Death Eaters waited a second, before lowing their wands. They seemed confused to why their master would leave them in an almost vulnerable position.

"Let the boy go. And we can continue this another time." Suggested Dumbledore. His eyes still glinting even with the high tension filling the air.

"I'm afraid I cannot do that, Albus." Said Voldemort, "You see I've waited 13 long years for this moment, and I'm not about to give it up this easily."

Wormtail was still shivering on the floor, but now he was crouching behind the cauldron that had been knocked over. A coward.

"Then you leave us no choice." Dumbledore said quietly.

"It seems I don't." Said Voldemort before quickly snapping a finger. The snake at his feet lunged quickly at the group in front, scaring them for a moment that allowed the Death Eaters to raise their wands and begin attacking.
Spells were cast left and right, and I thrashed at the stone restraints that held me in place upon Riddle Sr.s grave. I saw flashes of green through the colors and I held my breath at each one, waiting to hear a scream of terror. Cedric was fighting off a Death Eater who I couldn't identify, and Albus was taking on Voldemort. I hollered out for help, wanting to join in on the fight.  I couldn't let them die for me.

Then in a quick moment, the restraint loosened  and I fell to the soft patch of grass beneath me. Pulling my wand from my pocket I looked around, wondering where to start. Professor McGonagall came running towards me, throwing spells as she ran. She protectively threw her body in front of me before moving us both behind the grave.

"Potter, I need to get you back to Hogwarts." She said, grasping my arm tightly, standing as if she was about to Apparate.

"Professor, no! I have to stay. I can't you all do this alone." I argued back.

"It's not safe." She responded back, throwing a spell back behind us before coming to face me again.

"I promise to stay out of trouble. But please." I almost begged. She looked like she was about to say no, but let out a strangled gasp before letting me go and saying, "Stay alive, Potter." And going back into the fray once more.

I threw my attention back to the fight in front of me. I needed to get to Cedric. But there was Voldemort to worry about. As powerful as Dumbledore was, Voldemort was strong. 

Scrambling to my feet, I staggered sideways into the open. Gripping my wand tightly, I ran to Cedric. Yelling stupefy and expelliarmus as I past the attackers. I made it to Cedric and had no time to spare words of acknowledgement. We were back to back and moved in a rotating circular motion, fighting the Death Eaters. Occasionally I would see one of the other schools headmaster fighting along one of Hogwarts professors. Working together; as a team. Then I hear a quick yell and a flash of green light. Cedric brushed my arm and in a split moment he was lying on the ground. Dead. Cedric had been killed. There was no noise around me. Everything had stopped and it was just us two. I looked down at his corpse; his eyes were glassy and already his skin had lost its lively glow. I didn't know how long I stood there until a teacher pulled me aside and the world came back into focus. I tried to form words but nothing came out.

The fighting had stopped but wands were still pointed. Voldemort was staring at me with his blood red eyes, an almost grin like shape on his face. He had been the one to cast the Avada Kedavra. He had killed Cedric. I walked almost in a trance towards him and raised my wand. I don't think anybody expected much to happen but in seconds we both had faced  eachother and words were in our lips.

"Avada Kedavra-!" Voldemort cried out.

"Expelliarmus!" I shouted. A jet of green light burst from Voldemort's wand just as a red one burst from mine to meet in the middle. Nothing could have prepared me for what come next. Voldemort and I were raised into the air and the multicolored streaks of magic between us glowed a bright gold before circling around. Shielding us from the rest of the world.

"Do nothing!" Voldemort shrieked to his Death Eaters who looked alarmed. Then an unearthly and magnificent sound came from the wand and filled the air. It was a song I had only heard once in my life, a Phoenix song. It was the sound was almost as if a friend was speaking my in ear. As if Dumbledore himself was speaking in my ear.

Don't break the connection. It said to me.

One of the beads of light was quivering and at once Voldemort's wand began to emit sounds of pain. Then with a face of shock, a smoky hand reached out at his face. Then more of a body appeared. It was Cedric Diggory. Then a second head emerged. The man who I had seen in my dream months ago. Then a woman: Bertha Jorkins. And then two people, who I expected almost instinctively. My parents.
Lily and James Potter.

"When the connection is broken, we will liger for only moments but we can give you time. You must return to Hogwarts. Do you understand Harry?" She said, her red hair swaying in the air around her like an ethereal ghost.

"Yes." I gasped out.

"Harry..." whispered the ghost of Cedric, "Take my body back, will you? Take my body back to my parents."

"I will."  I said.

"Do it now." Whispered my fathers voice.

"NOW!" I yelled and pulled the wand upward. The song and golden string both broke and the apparitions around me flung themselves at Voldemort and his Death Eaters. I took only moments to grab ahold of Cedrics body before Dumbledore whisked me and the others, back to Hogwarts.

————————————————————————
Word Count: 1350  <3