⁕ rita skeeter ⁕

Ron's POV

I couldn't believe it. I didn't understand if Harry was lying about putting his name in the Goblet of Fire. All I knew is that it seems awfully suspicious that the one time our school gets chosen for some great Triwizard Tournament, HARRY GETS CHOSEN. As if he didn't have enough fame. I tried being supportive, but I couldn't help myself. Hermione and y/n, would constantly tell me to stop being such a "downer" but that made me do it even more. 

The other night when Harry came into the dorms, I pretended to be asleep. I think he noticed, but I didn't care. If he had put his name in the Goblet without telling me, then a cold shoulder was what I'd give him. Although seventy-five percent of the time, I was angry with him, there was a small part of me that thought, "Why wouldn't he tell me?" I was his best mate. He would tell me everything. Right? 

※※※

Harry's POV

I woke up the next morning, replaying the past night's events in my head. Kissing y/n had felt like flying. Her skin was soft and her lips tasted sweet. I threw a hand over my eyes, blocking the sunlight. I had a girlfriend. That thought made a smile grow over my face and I sat up. I hadn't even told Ron or Hermione about last night. Getting ready for class, I couldn't wait to see her again in the corridors. But even more, I couldn't wait for breakfast, where we could hang out for more than just 5 minutes. 

Meeting up with Hermione and Ron in the common room, we made our way to the Great Hall to eat. I was still groggy and took off my glasses for a second, rubbing my eyes. When I put them back on I saw her. She sat with two other girls I recognized as Arabella Beckett and Makayla Cochran. She saw me and said something to the girls then walked over to me. Hermione and Ron sat across the table from y/n and I. We held hands under the table and she blushed. 

Hermione saw this interact and smiled, "Somethings up with you two. I want to guess but I don't know if you'll like it." 

Y/N spoke up, "Let's just say I probably won't be alone on Christmas this year." I let out a laugh and Hermione grasped y/n's other hand. 

"Oh my god! I am so excited, this is so cute," She sighed and then turned to Ron, her voice becoming stern, "Do you have anything to say, Ronald?" 

"I'm really happy for you, Harry." He said, sighing. Then he yelped. It looked as if Hermione hit his leg under the table. Then I saw Draco parade his way down to where we were all sitting. He saw our interlocked hands and his face scrunched up. 

"It looks like Potter's got himself a girlfriend." He snickered. 

"And it looks like Malfoy doesn't." Y/N said snarkily. 

"I wasn't talking to you, y/l/n." He said with a glare. Without another word he left. 

"Malfoy is just..." y/n started and then made an ugh noise. 

"He won't be doing anything to you now." I said to y/n. 

"You're cute, but I think I can handle him. I mean," She said with a smirk, "I did slap the idiot." 

"That's my girl." I said, putting my arm over her shoulder and kissing the side of her head. 

※※※

I was on my way to History of Magic when I was ushered away by a lady with blonde hair and a bright lime green dress. 

"What the-" I let out before seeing the other three champions in the new room she had led me into. I stood next to Cedric and then a puff of smoke filled the air. 

"What a charismatic group. Hello! I'm Rita Skeeter and I write for the Daily Prophet. But of course, you know that. It's you we don't know. You're the juicy news. What quirks lurk behind those rosy cheeks." She said before giving Fleur a pat on the face. 

"What mysteries do muscles mask." She said looking at Viktor. Walking to Cedric she ruffled his hair and said, "What courage lies beneath those curls." Then standing between me and Cedric, "In short what makes a champion tick. So who goes first? Let's start with the youngest." 

She grabbed my arm and stuffed me into a nearby broom closet. I sat down on a bucket as she said, "This is cozy." 

"It's a broom cupboard." 

"Ah,  you should be right at home then. You don't mind if I use a Quick Write Quill do you?"

"Oh- no." 

"So tell me, Harry, here you sit, about to compete against three students, who are far more emotionally mature than yourself, how do you feel? 

"Um well, I haven't really thought about it," My eyes caught sight of the floating quill writing down words as I spoke. 

"Don't mind the quill, Harry." She said, bringing my focus back to her. 

"You're no ordinary boy. Do you think it was the trauma of your past that made you so keen to enter-"

"I didn't enter-."

"Of course not. Everyones loves a rebel Harry." She looked at the quill, "Scratch that last. Speaking of your parents, do you tink they'd be proud or concerned? That your attitude at best shows a need for attention, worse a death wish." 

I looked back over at the quill and read the notes it had been taking. 

"Hey! My eyes are not glistening with the ghost of my past." 

"Well I think that's all I need for today!" She piped and shoved me out of the closet. Then she grabbed Cedric, leaving me alone with the other champions. Might as well miss History of Magic, it was already half way through class. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TBH Rita's iconic. 

Word Count: 992