⁕ puzzle pieces ⁕

Y/N POV

The walk back to the castle was, in the least horrible way you could say it, awkward. The moment "I love you" had come out of my lips, it was like the world had completely shut down. Draco had stormed off back to the castle and the four of us, having our afternoon ruined, silently packed up and headed back to the Gryffindor Common Room. I couldn't tell how Harry was taking it. His face was like a blank piece of parchment, but his eyes were bright. We hadn't spoken a word to each other since he and Malfoy had stopped rolling around in the dirt, and the anxiety in my stomach was growing at alarming rates. 

Was he just shocked?  Did he love me back? Was it too soon?   Of course, the plan hadn't been to tell him "I love you" when he was in a fight- there really wasn't a plan for saying it at all. I had expected that it would come up in a conversation eventually, but I just had to say it at the worst possible moment. 

Harry's POV

Y/N loved me?  The thought was incomprehensible, but yet it had just come out of her mouth. I kept silent the entire walk back to the castle and into the Gryffindor Common Room. I felt no sympathy for Malfoy. The bloody git had shoved Y/N right into the ground with no hesitation. It felt wonderful punching his idiot face, and I tried to contain the laughter that struggled to burst out of me. 

My palms were sweating as we entered the dimly lit room and I turned around to face the rest of them. Hermione and Ron were being so awkward I almost wanted to yell at them to say something. I gave Ron a look and he made a sound before saying, 

"Uh, actually I remember I have to go finish- uhhh, potions homework-" he said before hurrying up the stairs to the boy's 4th-year dorms. 

Hermione followed suit, "Oh yeah, and I have.... to... go to the library." She winced and then left out the portrait door. Oh yeah, so believable. Coming to the common room and leaving two seconds later. 

Y/N looked at the floor before throwing a hand behind her and saying, "Well, I guess I'll just go back to the Ravenclaw dorm. Um... thanks for earlier, it was fun seeing you pommel Malfoy." She gave a tiny smile before going to turn and walk out the portrait door but I stopped her by grabbing her hand. She turned around her eyes glistening with tears. 

"I love you too." I said, my voice a bit shakey. Her face went pink at the words and then she smiled, and I smiled back. 

"You do?" she said in a small voice. 

"Of course I do. Why wouldn't I?" I asked, sitting down with her on the couch next to us. 

"Well...the whole walk back from earlier was really quiet. An-and I thought, maybe you didn't feel the same way." she said fast. 

I was quiet for a moment. It hadn't occurred to me that being silent on our trip back would have sent off the wrong messages. I opened my mouth and rubbed the back of my neck.

"Now that I think about it, that probably wasn't the best thing to do." I chucked to myself. 

"Yeah, it wasn't." She laughed back. We stared at each other for what seemed to be like an eternity. Our faces inched closer to each other until I could almost feel her eyelashes against my skin. 

"I love you Harry." She said once more. 

"I love you more..." I said before bringing our faces together. I placed a hand on the back of her head as we kissed each other. 

Warmth seemed to spread through my body and for a moment, I didn't have to worry about the Triwizard Tournament, or Sirius hiding down in Hogsmeade, or even the possibility of Voldemort returning to kill me, because Y/N loved me and that was the only thing that mattered. All I thought about was her. Her face as it turned a deeper shade of pink, her arms as they wrapped around my neck. Her lips as they connected with mine. Like two puzzle pieces fitting together perfectly.

I can't believe I waited this long to tell her. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

No, I didn't cry while writing this.. haha I don't know what you mean-

Word Count: 746