⁕ severe ⁕

Harry's POV

We walked out of the room, the air tense and thick with apprehension. All of a sudden, there was a crack in the air and the twins appeared. 

"Stop doing that!" Hermione said to the twins, who had apparated in front of us. It had been a daily recurrence to hear the snap and crackle as they appeared at different spots in the house. You'd never know when they'd apparate right in front of you and give you a shock. Mrs. Weasley jumped and put a hand on her heart. Her sweet smile turning into a slight reprimanding frown as she shook her finger at the two twins and told them. 

"Now just because you can, doesn't mean you have too." She scolded them. 

"Sorry Mum." said Fred, smirking just a bit so that you'd know he was sorry, but he would most certainly do it again. 

"How's it going Harry? I thought I heard your dulcet tones." Exclaimed George. I swiveled my eyes to look at Harry, whose ears had gone slightly red. I guess this meant some of the occupants of Number Twelve Grimmauld Place had heard that slight outburst in the bedroom. 

"It's nice to see you two again." He replied back with a smile. Mrs. Weasley had been watching this interaction with a smile now. Happy it seemed, to see all her children get to be with eachother again. Myself, Harry, and Hermione included. We were basically extensions of the Weasley family. 

"Dinner is ready, but I'll give you boys time to reconnect." she said with a pat on both Harry and Fred's faces. As soon as she was out of earshot, Ron said, "Whatever you do, don't mention Percy in front of Mum and Dad."

"Why not?" I asked. 

"Percy came home and told us he'd been promoted." Ron explained. 

"You're joking?" I said.

"Yeah, we were all surprised," said George

"So how come they promoted him?" I asked. 

"That's exactly what we had wondered," said Ron, who seemed very enjoyed to have been keeping a normal conversation going without Harry yelling.

Then a girl's voice came from my right. 

"He came home really pleased with himself and told Dad he'd been offered a position in Fudge's office. A really good one for someone only a year out of Hogwarts — Junior Assistant to the Minister. I think he expected Dad to be all impressed." It was Ginny Weasley.

"Only Dad wasn't," said Fred grimly. 

"Why not?" said Harry, nodding to Ginny to say his hello.

"Well, apparently Fudge has been going round the Ministry  checking that nobody has any contact with Dumbledore," saidGeorge, "They all think he's just making trouble saying You-Know Who's back."

 "Dad says Fudge has made it clear that anyone who's in league with Dumbledore can clear out their desks," ended Fred.  

I couldn't believe that Percy sided with the Ministry, basically turning his back on his own family. I looked over at Ron, whos pleased demeanor was now tense with the mention of his brother. 

"What a load of rubbish." I said putting my hands in my pockets, "No offense to Percy...if that matters." 

"Well, he deserves it." Ron said finally. 

"It's quite nasty actually. The way this is all playing out. They're dragging everyone's names through the muck. Including yours Harry." Hermione said.

"Yeah, well I never cared for what they had to say about me." I replied.