⁕back to school ⁕

( I didn't really have a song that went with this chapter. Harry's Wondrous World or Hedwigs Theme might do the trick if you are looking for one.) 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My eyelashes fluttered open and I could feel the Hogwarts Express moving slower. Outside the window, it was dark, aside for the stars glittering in the sky. I looked to the other side of the carriage and saw Hermione lying on Ron's shoulder. As soon as I saw her, I realized who's shoulder I was on. I looked up a saw Harry also looking outside the window. He shifted in his seat and I lifted my head. 

"Oh, sorry. Did I wake you y/n?" He said, furrowing his eyebrows. 

"No, it's okay. I was already awake." At the sound of my voice, Hermione also woke from her sleep. Noticing how slow the train was moving she jumped up. 

"Merlin's beard! We haven't even put our robes on. I don't want to be late." 

Yawning, Ron replied, "Argh, Hermione lighten up will you." 

"No, Ron. I will not 'lighten up'. This year is gonna be filled with getting ready for O.W.L.s this year, and I want to start the year, on time." 

"Suit yourself," Ron said, throwing his hands up. I rubbed my eyes and was about to grab my trunk from above when Harry took it down for me. 

"Thanks, Harry. And thanks for letting me fall asleep on you. Usually, I'm not sleepy on the train ride here." 

"Don't worry about it, " He said grinning, "it was nice." I looked away at his words, feeling my cheeks redden again. 

"God y/n you need to STOP!" I thought. Mentally slapping myself, I unlocked my trunk and grabbed my robes out. I slipped on my black doll shoes and took down Olivia from the compartment. She ruffled her feathers and gave me a nip on the fingers. 

"Sorry, Olivia. Long ride as always." 

We made our way off the train. Our luggage would magically appear back in our dorms. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The only part of school that sucked was the fact that Harry, Ron, and Hermione were all in Gryffindor, and I was in Ravenclaw. I had some friends in my house too but they weren't like the trio. I sat at the Ravenclaw table with Arabella. She was the first person besides the three that I trusted with my life. She had deep honey eyes and blonde hair that shined like gold. 

I looked up at the long table at the front of the Great Hall that sat all the professors. I saw Dumbledore, Hagrid, Professor McGonagall, Snape, and someone else I didn't recognize. I turned to Arabella and asked, "Do you know who that is?" I pointed towards the man. 

"No, I've never seen him before. All I know is that I'm starving." Her eyes rolled to the back of her head and she slouched her shoulders. I couldn't agree more with her, this sorting ceremony was taking forever. I watched the 1st years one by one sit on the stool with the sorting hat. 

"Atkinson, Noah!" a few seconds later, "Hufflepuff!"

"Baker, Avery!" again, "Hufflepuff!"

Then, "Adams, Wyatt!......Gryffindor!.....Robinson, Freya!.....Slytherin!" Finally, a boy with brown hair and grey eyes sat down, "Burton, Tate!......RAVENCLAW!" Our table erupted with cheers. He walked to the table with a big smile on his face. 

Then when all the first years were sorted into their houses, Dumbledore stepped to the podium and spoke, "I'd like to make an announcement! This castle will not only be your home this year but home to some very special guests as well. You see, Hogwarts has been chosen to host a legendary event. The Triwizard Tournament." A ripple of excitement spread throughout the hall. I looked over to Arabella and asked, "What's the Triwizard Tournament?" Her eyes glittered but said, "You'll find out."