⁕ silence is very loud ⁕

Y/N's POV

I was utterly infatuated with Harry. If I was before, now it was magnified a hundred times. Harry had been cute before, but he was devastating now. At least to me. His green eyes were bright and his black hair was just... perfect. I couldn't keep my eyes off him. I was so relieved that he was here unharmed. 

We were laying on the twin beds that faced each other in Ron's room. There were little pieces of decor that reminded me that Ron was... well, Ron. Orange littered the room, The Chudley Cannons. It reminded me of the past summer, the Quidditch World Cup. How unknowing we had all been.

I was whisked back into reality by his question. 

"Why didn't Dumbledore let you tell me anything?" he asked the group. 

"I'm not sure. We wanted to tell you everything that's been happening, but we couldn't." I said quietly. 

"He seemed to think it was best." said Hermione breathlessly. 

"Right." He said under this breath. I felt bad for him. He had been stuck with the Dursleys all summer, enduring their endless torture and neglect, and then when he came back to the wizarding world, he couldn't even get straight answers. 

"I think he thought you were safest with the Muggles —" Ron began.

"Oh is that what he thought." He said, and I winced. This was about to turn ugly real quick. And I couldn't blame Harry for what he was feeling, I would probably feel the same.

"Because last time I checked, none of you got attacked by dementors." He said sarcastically, but you could tell.. he wasn't joking. 

"He was so angry. Dumbledore. We saw him." Ron said.

"Well, I'm glad to hear that." He said, his green eyes going dark.

Nobody said anything for a while. It was growing very awkward in the room, and the silence was growing louder with every passing second. 

But then Harry spoke once more, "So you didn't wonder why he was keeping me in the dark, never bothered to ask." And that's when the guilt settled in my stomach. I hadn't done any of that. And not because I didn't care. I cared so much that my mind had been riddled with Harry almost all of summer break. But, it had been Dumbledore. And his authority had completely took the notion of asking out of my brain. 

"And don't say he made you swear not to tell. He could have informed me if he really wanted too." Harry said. He was increasingly getting upset and I hoped for a way to get out of this situation. 

"Maybe doesn't think I can take care of myself. After all I've done." said Harry, watching their expressions. 

"Don't be thick," said Ron, looking highly disconcerted. 

"After all you've done-?" I questioned. 

"So how come I have to stay at the Dursleys' while you three get tojoin in everything that's going on here?" said Harry, his words jumbling over one another in a rush, his voice growing louder with everyword. 

"How come you two are allowed to know everything that's going on — ?" 

"We're not!" Ron interrupted. 

"Mum won't let us near the meetings, she says we're too young —" 

But before I knew it, Harry began to shout, "YOU'VE STILL BEEN HERE, HAVEN'T YOU? YOU'VE STILL BEEN TOGETHER! ME, I'VE BEEN STUCK AT THE DURSLEYS' FOR A MONTH! AND I'VE HANDLED MORE THAN YOU THREE EVER MANAGED AND DUMBLEDORE KNOWS IT — WHO SAVED THE SORCERER'S STONE? WHO GOT RID OF RIDDLE? WHO SAVED YOUR SKINS FROM THE DEMENTORS?" 

But he didn't stop there. 

"WHO HAD TO GET PAST DRAGONS AND SPHINXES AND EVERY OTHER FOUL THING LAST YEAR? WHO SAW HIM COME BACK? WHO HAD TO ESCAPE FROM HIM? ME!"

The anger in me began to rise. 

"BUT WHY SHOULD I KNOW WHAT'S GOING ON? WHY SHOULD ANYONE BOTHER TO TELL ME WHAT'S BEEN HAPPENING?"

That's when I stood up too. 

"HARRY. STOP!" I shouted at him. Matching his tone of voice. That shut him up didn't it, I thought. Slightly proud of myself. Ron and Hermione were watching with open mouths. 

I pointed my finger at him and said, "Don't act like we're all to blame. We've been in the dark, constantly worrying about you this whole summer. Barely being able to get in touch with you. Now I understand you are mad, but that doesn't give you the right to yell at me, or Ron, or Hermione. Now, we're sorry- but don't think we'll forget this." I said, breathing heavily. 

There was another bout of complete silence, and Harrys face fell. His eyes drooping, he sat back down and rubbed his eyes. Putting his hand in his hair. Then he looked back up to us and said. 

"I'm.. sorry." 

"It's fine mate." Ron said. 

"I'd be furious too Harry." said Hermione. Her lips pursed. 

But then at that moment, Mrs. Weasley opened the door to the boys room and popped her head in. 

"Boys, Hermione, Y/N. Dinner is ready." Her smile showed that she hadn't heard any of the fighting just a few minutes ago. I realized how hungry I was, and the four of us looked at eachother once more before getting up and getting in single file line, then heading out the door into the kitchen. This was going to be interesting. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Word Count: 894 

Angst.